We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Returning a second hand car
Comments
-
Not rude. Trying to get you to get real. I'm sure if you give people a chance they will resolve your issues. An intermittent fault is what it says on the tin, This is why they cannot find the fault because it is intermittent. With regards to the new fault have you give them a chance to rectify this ? If no then you are being unreasonable in my view. Stamping your feet does not always work but a sensible head will.
They were alerted to the issue the first working day after the boot issue started. They didn't call me back for 3 days (and that was only under threat to return it). They directed me to an "approved repair garage". I explained the nature of the problem being intermittent to the dealer and also to the mechanics at said garage when I dropped it off. I made it quite clear that despite the boot currently being closed, it didn't always do this.
2 days later when I picked it up, I asked the mechanic (different guy to last time) what he had done. He said "nothing, it works fine". I then explained the nature to him. He said to take it away, he will call Lexus and call me back.
That was over a week ago and I have not been contacted by the dealer or the garage.
The engine warning light is not a reason to return the car in itself, but is merely the cherry on the top.
Do you still think I haven't given the garage a chance to repair the problem?0 -
As has been said, you do have a 30-day return right, and you're getting close to the end of that.
You need to put the car beyond your use - so take it to them, and hand them the keys. The precise wording of a rejection letter (definitely put it in writing) is irrelevant, but you do need it to be concise, clear, and unequivocal about the fact that you're rejecting the car under the CRA's 30-day provision, and why.
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/section/22/enacted
Thanks. Yes you're right, I need to take action immediately. Drive up to their garage, hand them the keys and then wait for the cheque to arrive in the post?
Can they not reject, my rejection? Can't help but feel it's going to be my word against theirs (especially if the boot problem doesn't manifest itself at the time)0 -
They can try...HenryHippo wrote: »Can they not reject, my rejection?
A court holds the ultimate decision. Small claim, if it's <£10k.0 -
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.7K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards