MSE News: TalkTalk cuts the price of broadband for new AND existing customers

Options
Former_MSE_Nick
Former_MSE_Nick Posts: 463 Forumite
I've been Money Tipped!
edited 31 January 2017 at 8:29PM in Broadband & internet access
TalkTalk is reducing the price of its broadband and fibre packages for those that sign up for two years and is promising not to raise prices for the duration of the contract...
Read the full story:
'TalkTalk cuts the price of broadband for new AND existing customers – but most can save more elsewhere'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Previously if I explored looking at moving to the new "fixed price" option I was offered £33.50 with the faster fibre. Now I get offered £32. A cut of £1.50 a month over what I was previously offered.

Upgrade my package to pay more for the same damn product? No thanks, I'm only paying effectively £25 pm now.
  • minislim
    minislim Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    whilst i have saved money from having Talktalk for the last 14 months the price rises they have recently done has been annoying.

especially as now they announce price cuts if you stay.

unfortunately the recent poor service over xmas and the fact the reneged on cashback they promised in their deal has tarnished their brand.

i'm off as soon as i have chance.
  • KILL_BILL
    KILL_BILL Posts: 2,183 Forumite
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmmm

so if i sign up for a 24 months contract i will be paying £1.05 a month extra than what i am paying right now
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,605 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Worked for us, was paying £36 for standard BB & Anytime calls, now paying £25 fixed for 2 years.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    When I was shopping around in October, TalkTalk had a massive price hike overnight, making them dearer than the offer from Sky, whom I was going to leave.

This is why most minimum term customers won't gain , as they signed up before October's rise. The present reduction doesn't go back to the pre-increase prices.

(According to the chart on the link, an 18 month commitment to ADSL costs more than 12 months or 24 months. Surely it should be between the two? )
  • z0nk
    z0nk Posts: 49 Forumite
    Options
    They are offering the 18 month faster fibre broadband deal for £27 instead of £32 if you call them. Online it says its only available on 24 months. This is what i signed up to yesterday. Seems there are slightly better deals when you call.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,271 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    MSE:

"Based on price alone, for most, these new tariffs aren't the best option as there are better deals elsewhere."

Not so sure about that.

There's £105 Quidco cashback for switching to TalkTalk on a fixed price £27pm fibre contract - bringing the net cost down to just £21.17pm.

On top of that they offer much cheaper add-ons (anytime calls, caller display, call return, call divert etc) than anyone else - all bar anytime calls are free, and anytime calls is £5pm.

I can't find any ISP cheaper than TalkTalk.
  • lindos90
    lindos90 Posts: 3,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm guessing if you are already in a contract with them that this does not apply :( We signed up to a new deal a few weeks ago for 18 months for £32 fibre BB and anytime calls. :(
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ROFL when the new fixed tariff was started customers only had to sign up for a new 18 months contract. Now to get the deal customers have to sign up for a new 24 months contract. What will it be next time? 24 months? 36 months? 48 months?

I saw the wring on the wall at the outset and switched immediately when I realised that if I stayed I could be with talktalk for the rest of my life! I love my freedom and I avoid being a slave!
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,271 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Anthorn wrote: »
    ROFL when the new fixed tariff was started customers only had to sign up for a new 18 months contract. Now to get the deal customers have to sign up for a new 24 months contract. What will it be next time? 24 months? 36 months? 48 months?

I saw the wring on the wall at the outset and switched immediately when I realised that if I stayed I could be with talktalk for the rest of my life! I love my freedom and I avoid being a slave!

No - you can still sign up for an 18 month £27pm contract, but you have to go in via TCB or Quidco. If you don't the £27pm contract is 24 months.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure