Private Parking Solutions 31/01/17

Received PCN from Private Parking Solutions whilst our engineer was carrying out repairs for a managing agent.
We sent a letter of represenation explaining that we were fixing a gas leak but they have rejected it.
Anything we can do?

Replies

• twhitehousescattwhitehousescat Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    contact managing agents , get it cancelled

refusal to supply services in future if not
  • FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    52.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully you didn't give out the driver's name.

You should also appeal using the BPA template in blue from the NEWBIES thread which is your one stop shop for all private parking tickets. If it is a company vehicle and the company name appears on the V5, then send the appeal from the company, not an individual.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • safarmuksafarmuk Forumite
    648 Posts
    ✭✭
    What disgraceful behaviour from the PPC, just sums them up really.
    "Good job on fixing the gas leak, too bad you didn't get a permit before rushing to fix the gas leak ... please pay us £100".

A pretty stern phone conversation with the Managing Agent is called for - they likely contracted the PPC and they should be able to get it cancelled, if they say they can't, unless they have entered into the worst agreement on earth they are not telling you the truth.
  • twhitehousescattwhitehousescat Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    Hopefully you didn't give out the driver's name.

You should also appeal using the BPA template in blue from the NEWBIES thread which is your one stop shop for all private parking tickets. If it is a company vehicle and the company name appears on the V5, then send the appeal from the company, not an individual.

this may end up at Private Parking Solutions home court
  • Half_wayHalf_way Forumite
    6K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could Homeguard vs Jopson be at play here?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • CastleCastle Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Call it disbursements and bill the MA.
  • safarmuksafarmuk Forumite
    648 Posts
    ✭✭
    Call it disbursements and bill the MA.
    What an excellent idea ... better still next time add an immediate £60 surcharge to your call out fee, just in case ...

Seriously though - get on to the Managing Agent and let us know what they say. This is truly ridiculous. Maybe even contact your local paper, I'm sure they can make a pretty good headline out of this that might work.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    JBlackmore wrote: »
    Received PCN from Private Parking Solutions whilst our engineer was carrying out repairs for a managing agent.
    We sent a letter of represenation explaining that we were fixing a gas leak but they have rejected it.
    Anything we can do?

Same as your Napier one:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5571152

About time your firm refused business to certain Managing Agents (seriously). Unless they guarantee to cancel any PCN, why expose your company to court claims from the scummy firms these agents have brought in? This is not on.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    What an excellent idea ... better still next time add an immediate £60 surcharge to your call out fee, just in case ...

Great idea. All trades to add in a £200 deposit to a bill repayable after 6 years in case of being taken to court where an IPC PPC is operating.
  • Asked the managing agent to cancel and they replied "[FONT=&quot]Alas not as we have no remit over the parking company"[/FONT]
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides