Hotels in Krakow

Can anyone recommend a good 4 star hotel in Krakow which is central to restaurants and the main places of interest in the city please ?

I'm planning to stay for 4 days and include a visit to Auschwitz. I hope this doesn't sound distasteful - I want to pay my respects rather than being just a tourist if you know what I mean. I'm assuming that I will be able to book a tour from the hotel easily enough ?

Thank you

Comments

• RichyRich
    RichyRich Posts: 2,090 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    If you have any IHG points (formerly Priority Club) check out the Indigo Krakow Old Town as soon as you can. It's currently on offer at 5,000 points per night on the PointBreak Deal, for stays until the end of April (subject to availability). These rooms obviously sell outhe very quickly. I was considering booking one for a weekend away in April but sadly flight costs were prohibitive.
    #145 Save £12k in 2016 Challenge: £12,062.62/£12,000.00 Beginning Balance: £5,027.78 CHALLENGE MET
    #060 Save £12k in 2017 Challenge: £11,03.70/£12,000.00 Beginning Balance: £12,976.79 Shortfall: £996.30:eek:
    This is the secret message.
  • phatbear
    phatbear Posts: 4,032 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Me and the better half stayed at aparthotel stare miasto on a pre christmas trip and jt was really nice, its approx 10min walk from the main train station, so you can save some money avoiding taxis etc and its a 2min walk to the main square too.
    Live each day like its your last because one day you'll be right
  • We went to Auschwitz on out trip to Krakow last year.

It is not distasteful for you to want to go - It is somewhere that I would recommend everybody to go to.

You should be able to book this and other excursions from your hotel - also there are other travel agencies selling the same trips, so you can shop around
    Treat everyday as your last one on earth! and one day you will be right.
  • We stayed here: http://www.hoteleden.pl/home.html
    Lovely hotel in the Jewish quarter with some good quality restaurants in the area and the hotel itself is full of history.
    :beer:
  • One of my favourite places in Europe.

We stayed at Ascot Hotel. Very good for the price we paid, and looking at trip advisor, plenty of other people feel the same.
  • Taxis are cheap. If you can't get central you'll be fine.
  • ERICS_MUM
    ERICS_MUM Posts: 3,579 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks everyone.
  • dondo
    dondo Posts: 526 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I took my wife there for her 40th and stayed at the Wentzyl- very nice indeed especially if you get a room overlooking the square.
  • philipjg
    philipjg Posts: 27 Forumite
    You could look at booking a tour in advance through a tour company such as http://www.cracowcitytours.com/

Their meeting point is about 3 minutes walk from the hotel Indigo mentioned earlier.
  • dondo
    dondo Posts: 526 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    philipjg wrote: »
    You could look at booking a tour in advance through a tour company such as http://www.cracowcitytours.com/

Their meeting point is about 3 minutes walk from the hotel Indigo mentioned earlier.

Yes- we did an organised tour booked through an office at the bottom of the main square (though this was over 8 years ago so could be gone) as we didn't pre-book beforehand.

We enjoyed the little golf cart things that gave you a tour of the city too

http://www.seekrakow.com/sightseeing-by-melex-car/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family