Halfords parking fine.

2»

Replies

• Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    101.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Which you won't be doing! NEVER phone a parking firm or debt collector (which is what this is).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Many thanks for your response. It puts my mind at rest a little.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    101.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Only a little? Even though G24 don't sue people and we've been ignoring them since time immemorial? e.g. in 2008:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=35746

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=39654

http://neilherron.blogspot.co.uk/2008/09/g24-parking-expose-in-sun-anpr-for-toys.html

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1285230&page=46

The only difference since those 2008 threads is that there is now (since 2012) 'keeper liability' in law so there is no defence saying 'I wasn't the driver' alone, and you can't argue about a PCN not being a 'genuine pre-estimate of loss' nowadays.

But apart from that, G24 are not a firm to pay and if they ever do try small claims these things are defendable and we do that every week for people here with PCNs from nastier parking firms. The only ones I recall being lost were two v UKPC last year. Loads won or discontinued and there are always grounds to defend and no risk to credit rating as long as you don't miss dealing with court papers.

The only time to contact the PPC would be if the keeper moves address, to tell them the new address, to avoid a sneaky late CCJ four or five years down the line to an old address (something the Govt has noticed and is supposed to be stopping).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    37.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurlra wrote: »
    I'm afraid we have binned the original INVOICE as this was the sort of advice we listened to, so can't check that now. The stay was only 1 hour and not two as I first stated.

Kind of wish we just paid the INVOICE (pcn).

Just felt unfair as the business was not being affected because it was the early hours and not in the shops opening hours.

altered those 2 words for you (which IDIOT told you it was a fine ?)

as for the land , its private land

if I go away for 2 weeks and take my car, I dont expect people to park on my driveway , plus the manchester football teams dont allow you to park on their private car park for the players or officials when they are playing away , do they ?

you dont see schools allowing people to park in their playgrounds when they are closed for the holidays either !!

I think you and yours need a reality check here, dont park on somebody elses property unless you have their permission , its really that simple

plus if none of you learn this simple mantra, these INVOICES will be arriving through your door like the junk mail does(so I hope you now understand the ramifications of this private parking [email protected] industry)

ie:- when a shop or retail park is closed , dont park there UNLESS the signs actually say you can park there, otherwise , AVOID !!
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurlra .... put your trust in coupon-mad

She is a guru when it comes to these scammers

Wright Hassall has no business saying you will get CCJ

Only a real judge in court can do that but only if you lost and did not pay.

G24 had their fingers burnt in court which cost them a lot of money.

They will not be doing that again in a hurry and using Wright Hassall
    is not the best idea for them.

Unlike debt collectors who are employed by banks etc, the debt collectors in the parking industry are just timewasters who simply beg for money. Some will just pay up but NOT those who are given advice by this forum.

Parking companies hate this forum because their scam is exposed

Remember, the MSE forums started by Martin Lewis, exposed the huge PPI scam which resulted in over £20 million being refunded
  • Thanks for your advice it's greatly appreciated.��
  • worried_jimworried_jim
    11.6K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    beamerguy wrote: »

Remember, the MSE forums started by Martin Lewis, exposed the huge PPI scam which resulted in over £20 million being refunded

Wow! A whole £20 million:rotfl::rotfl:

Some great advice here op. I fought and won a parking scammer in court with the help of the good people here. Trust them.
  • edited 30 January 2017 at 11:17PM
    RedxRedx Forumite
    37.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 January 2017 at 11:17PM
    read this parking prankster blog to see why people like yourself are so scared witless about court and a CCJ etc

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/advocate-admits-he-always-loses-mil.html

its a humble invoice , not Operation Yew Tree

this is the type of court case people should be "scared" about

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38772660

if they are convicted that is
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • Half_wayHalf_way Forumite
    6.1K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please get a grip, this is not a fine, and as for the car park, if they really wanted people out of there after hours they would use a gate.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Half_way wrote: »
    Please get a grip, this is not a fine, and as for the car park, if they really wanted people out of there after hours they would use a gate.

We all know that vermin like rats patrol at night
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides