🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

war ,bond 1917

Options
I am shahmir a citizen of pakistan .i have INDIAN WAR LOAN (bond) of 1917 .In 1917 British government in india(subcontinent) that why i contact with you . Now i need information about this INDIAN WAR Loan(bond), that how to i cash this BOND and from which department because few days' before i contact to computer share, they tell me that computer share not handles INDIAN WAR LOAN (bonds) .
Please help me in this regard..
Waiting for your kind reply.
Thankyou

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Because OP didn't get the answer they wanted perhaps? :D
  • shahmir_shah
    Options
    i think that the indian war loan 1917 and the first world war loan are same but when i contact to computer share they told me that they only handel Indian war loan thats why i am asking
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    i think that the indian war loan 1917 and the first world war loan are same but when i contact to computer share they told me that they only handel Indian war loan thats why i am asking

Have you written that incorrectly?
    You said in your OP that you had "INDIAN WAR LOAN (bond) of 1917" now you say you have "first world war loan"

What exactly does it say on it?
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,286 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    AnotherJoe wrote: »
    Have you written that incorrectly?
    You said in your OP that you had "INDIAN WAR LOAN (bond) of 1917" now you say you have "first world war loan"

What exactly does it say on it?
    That will just be a typo. It wouldn't say "first world war loan" because at the time they didn't know there was going to be another one.
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,286 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    before i contact to computer share, they tell me that computer share not handles INDIAN WAR LOAN (bonds)
    when i contact to computer share they told me that they only handel Indian war loan
    You are contradicting yourself. What exactly did you ask Computershare and what did they reply?
  • ThinkingOutLoud_2
    Options
    Reaper wrote: »
    You are contradicting yourself. What exactly did you ask Computershare and what did they reply?
    I think that is lost in translation. Often words like only are used differently in other languages and it is easy to pick the wrong term / turn of phrase or confuse a double negative.

He is saying they won't. Otherwise why would he post? It is pretty obvious Computershare do other things.

So it is a war bond was issued in 1917 to raise money during what became known as WW1.

Not my area of expertise, but does someone actually know something helpful for the OP?
    I am just thinking out loud - nothing I say should be relied upon!
    I do however reserve the right to be correct by accident.
  • donglemouse
    donglemouse Posts: 2,652 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    my understanding is the ('1917') 5% war loan became the 3.5% war loan at later date

the 3.5% war loans were repaid in 2015 where holders could be contacted

http://www.dmo.gov.uk/index.aspx?page=gilts/about_gilts

it's the registrar Computershare Investor Services PLC you need to contact assuming it's a 5% war loan you hold
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    my understanding is the ('1917') 5% war loan became the 3.5% war loan at later date

the 3.5% war loans were repaid in 2015 where holders could be contacted

http://www.dmo.gov.uk/index.aspx?page=gilts/about_gilts

it's the registrar Computershare Investor Services PLC you need to contact assuming it's a 5% war loan you hold

And he said he did that and they denied dealing with it.

If he holds one of these, what happens when they couldn't contact the holder? Surely there is a process for sending in the document?
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Starting thread after thread on exactly the same subject is not a good way to get answers here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport