Parking Eye Again

Read the Newbie thread and need some guidance on my case.

Parked on Council Car Park next to hospital.
Purchased a ticket for two hours and displayed clearly on dashboard.
Left afte 1 hour 50 minutes (confirmed by Parking Eye cameras)
Recieved a Parking Eye ticket.

I have sent P.E. an appeal with a copy of the ticket purchased. In the experience of other forum members, will the appeal be rejected; and should I in the meantime send a letter of complaint to the land owners - the Council.

The only evidence P.E. has sent is a photo of my car entering and leaving with time stamps 1 hour 50 minutes apart.

Replies

• twhitehousescattwhitehousescat Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Parked on Council Car Park next to hospital.

Recieved a Parking Eye ticket.

confirmed by Parking Eye cameras

more info needed , parking eye do not work for counsils

counsils do NOT use ANPR cameras
  • HO87HO87 Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    It would assist if you were prepared to tell us which Hospital too.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • edited 30 January 2017 at 5:31PM
    nagfladnagflad Forumite
    8 Posts
    edited 30 January 2017 at 5:31PM
    Hi everyone
    Sorry for lack of information. On closer look at the ticket it has the logo of Coventry City Council and the car park location Byron Street hence my original post.

However the P.E. notice says location is NHS Coventry Byron Street Car Park..

In anticipation of a question, the meter I paid at was almost in front of my car.

The hospital was the Stony Stanton Road walk in centre.

One thing that may be relevant is the time of entry on the camera is 20 minutes before the time on the ticket, although my maximum stay was 1 hour 50 minutes
    5.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    ticket? the receipt for parking payment ? or what?
  • I placed £3.50 in the parking meter, and got the usual printed ticket showing the amount paid,and expiry time. Also said to place on dashboard, which I did.
    5.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    it looks like you have paid for parking and parked in a different car park (run by PE) OR you have driven past parking eyes ANPR cameras as you entered and exited , you need to check your entry/exit route ,

edit: You HAVE driven past PE cameras , on your entry and exit to the other car park
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    36.9K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep , looks like you paid the council to park but parked on a private car park monitored by PE

so paid the wrong people , didnt pay the right people (or didnt register the VRM on a machine in the trust building) and so have now got a private pcn for parking on private land and not obeying their private rules

PE monitor a lot of hospital car parks
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you show us the place on Google streetview or give us the postcode?

Seems like there are two car parks next to each other without a proper fence between?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    5.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the OP has parked and paid correctly BUT used a entry/exit thru the PE cameras (wherever they are?)
  • edited 30 January 2017 at 5:59PM
    nagfladnagflad Forumite
    8 Posts
    edited 30 January 2017 at 5:59PM
    The postcode is CV1 4FS.

At the time of visit it was dark with heavy frost, and I had to clear ice of the ticket machine to see the trariff - hence the delay in feeding the ticket machine

Ticket says Byron Road with Coucil logo
    P.E. says Byron Road NHS trust

If two seperate car parks, with two seperate operators, this is confusing.

In fact on the other side of the road opposite where I parked is another car park in the hospital grounds with its own machine. Presumably this would be a NHS car park. I am a simple soulland usually pay at the nearest meter.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides