I receive promotional txts that I can't respond "STOP" to. Any ideas?

Just wondering if you guys know a solution?

TeYX0KMj.png

Comments

• Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Sending this message costs 'one standard rate message' and does not count towards inclusive allowances.

If you are on pay-as-you-go, make sure you have enough pounds and pence monetary credit to send the message.

The alternative is to call the company to stop the messages. Use the number checker on the Phone-paid Services Authority website to look up the number. This must start 01, 02, 03 or 080. You'll need to enter the five-digit number the message came from.
  • Surely you can block the number on Apple? If not I use the 'Mr Number' app on Android which does the job

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mr.-number-call-block-reverse/id1047334922?mt=8
  • Ian011 wrote: »
    Sending this message costs 'one standard rate message' and does not count towards inclusive allowances.

If you are on pay-as-you-go, make sure you have enough pounds and pence monetary credit to send the message.

The alternative is to call the company to stop the messages. Use the number checker on the Phone-paid Services Authority website to look up the number. This must start 01, 02, 03 or 080. You'll need to enter the five-digit number the message came from.

Good info

I'm on a contract so should be able to send chargeable txt messages, as I send occasional international txts.

And you're right, I'll raise it with them as to why attempting to respond fails.
  • Surely you can block the number on Apple? If not I use the 'Mr Number' app on Android which does the job

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mr.-number-call-block-reverse/id1047334922?mt=8
    Yes, but with things like this I like to create a bigger fuss so the company is aware they are doing something wrong. And hopefully it spares others the hassle.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure