Civil service test

Options
Morning all...

Does anyone know what "On Hold After CSIST" means?

I just took the Csist test and instead of a result of pass or fail i got that response instead.

Thanks x

Comments

• Bogalot
    Bogalot Posts: 1,102 Forumite
    Options
    It means you have taken the CSIST and your application is on hold until they decide whether to progress it. This may be based solely on your score or they may also look at competency examples or any technical requirements.

You should be able to find your CSIST score thorough the portal, although this may not update straightaway.

Keep in mind that some roles will have thousands of applicants, it may be a while until you hear anything.
  • gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If you look under "Feedback" tab you will see not your score as such but it will say something like "You have scored better that XYZ% of other people who took the test" which should give you some indication of how wel you have done.
  • SkimmySim
    Options
    Thank you i just read it it says I didn't pass but my application is still on hold and not unsuccessful as it should be!

Don't know what to make of it
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    What do you mean it says you did not pass?
    Mine one just says
    You have scored better than 75% of people who have previously taken this test. Your overall performance on this test met at least the minimum required standard for the grade you have applied for. Your score will be banked for six months and you will not need to complete the test for any future applications you make at the grade that you have applied for within that time.
    I guess they look at combination of the competencies and test score. Tests are marked automatically but I would think someone has to actually look at and read the competencies bit.
  • Bogalot
    Options
    What do you mean it says you did not pass?
    Mine one just says

I guess they look at combination of the competencies and test score. Tests are marked automatically but I would think someone has to actually look at and read the competencies bit.

It's not a combination. If you pass the test then (if applicable) any competency example(s) will be looked at.

OP which role is it that you have applied for? Some roles do have different processes.
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Bogalot - of course but then to decide if the make an offer they would look at overall picture : test, competencies, interview? Am I wrong?

If they look at competencies only after the test score is satisfactory then it s a bit time wasting making people to write/submit competencies before they send a link to the test to be honest.

Perhaps the other way round would be better - allow people to do the test first and then, if the pass, ask them to write and submit competencies?

Bit strange the way it is.

I have applied for the Work Coach with DWP - complete change of career for me as was doing something very different for many years (much better aid too) but just fancy a change so will see what happens.
  • Bogalot
    Options
    Bogalot - of course but then to decide if the make an offer they would look at overall picture : test, competencies, interview? Am I wrong?

If they look at competencies only after the test score is satisfactory then it s a bit time wasting making people to write/submit competencies before they send a link to the test to be honest.

Perhaps the other way round would be better - allow people to do the test first and then, if the pass, ask them to write and submit competencies?

Bit strange the way it is.

I have applied for the Work Coach with DWP - complete change of career for me as was doing something very different for many years (much better aid too) but just fancy a change so will see what happens.

That's not correct, each stage is done on a pass/ fail basis (plus reserve list for final stage), once you've passed a stage that score is not taken into account again. So you could scrape a pass at the first two stages, then shine at the interview and get a job offer. Or you could do fantastically on the first two stages, give an average interview and not got an offer.

It is very much the norm for the candidate to complete the application form before doing tests, and the CS application form is far simpler than other organisations.

Good luck with the application.
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks Bogalot.

Still strange to make people write up competencies before doing the test. As someone could have written really bad competencies but "passing" those is not a prerequisite to being send the test link. Test being marked automatically should really be the first step as I can see a lot of people spending time on competencies only to then fail the test.

But yes, the AF was lovely, very basic.

For example the NHS one is a total utter nightmare - you loose a will to live but the time you are half way through that one ;)
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options

For example the NHS one is a total utter nightmare - you loose a will to live but the time you are half way through that one ;)

The only difference between that and the DWP is that you lose the will to live after taking the job at DWP.
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    TELLIT01 wrote: »
    The only difference between that and the DWP is that you lose the will to live after taking the job at DWP.

... not f you have done a life sentence in NHS previously ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure