Small Steps Out Of Massive Debt!

Options

Comments

• Eager_Elephant
    Options
    They usually make you pay off all of the 0% before you pay off the interest amount :mad:, I've been there and done that :mad: l hate credit cards so very very much :mad::mad::mad:.

I love your name Georgiana, especially the origin of it :D. Good luck with your debt busti ng.

The FCA ruled last year that credit card companies now have to allocate payments to the highest interest rate first :T
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Thanks EE - I hadn't heard about that.That is good.
  • GeorgianaCavendish
    Options
    The FCA ruled last year that credit card companies now have to allocate payments to the highest interest rate first :T

This is great to know, thank you! :T
  • GeorgianaCavendish
    Options
    I had a very productive weekend what with the course workshop and visit to my friend's place for fireworks. It didn't feel very restful though, I got home in time for Blue Planet 2 on Sunday and fell asleep halfway through. I feel like I'm developing a cold now, very flushed and that kind of achy-tiredness that arrives before the sore throat and runny nose :( I've loaded up with echinacea & planning to get an early night tonight, so hopefully I can nip it in the bud.

I received an email notifying me that my antivirus software will autorenew in January. You might remember from the start of my diary that it was £89 a year :eek: so obvioulsy I cancelled that pretty sharpish! I am convinced that I did it earlier in the year, but perhaps I only cancelled the continuous payment authority with Paypal & didn't do it with McAfee ... anyway, that is now fully cancelled and I will look for a cheaper multi-device plan. Any suggestions gratefully received :)

I also need to shop around for contents insurance. Current policy also expires in January and I'm convinced that I can make a decent saving on this (and hopefully get some cashback too!)
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Try Avg for virus software- it's what we used to use when we had pcs.
    It's free, as far as I'm aware.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • redofromstart
    Options
    AVG Free version is here

I use it on ours, and it has saved us more than once when my little darlings download without thinking. The basic free one is fine, but you do not to get it to auto schedule a regular check.
  • GeorgianaCavendish
    Options
    Thank you both! I'll look into the AVG free version, that would be ideal! :)
  • GeorgianaCavendish
    Options
    I had a look at the AVG website and it seems ideal for my needs. I haven't installed it yet but have got an admin morning planned on Sunday (need to get cracking on those contents insurance quotes) so will do it then - thank you so much for the recommendations! :)
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Great news. And very money saving.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Plush
    Plush Posts: 95 Forumite
    Options
    On the antivirus software check both AVG and Avast - I use both (on different devices) and both are free and recommended by my work mates (IT security experts).
    current credit debt Jan-2018 £12000 @ 0% // initial debt Sep-2017 £14200
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure