Small Steps Out Of Massive Debt!

Options

Comments

• wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Get well soon.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Oh ugh - flu is horrible. Hope you're up and about and feeling better soon!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Get well soon :)
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • GeorgianaCavendish
    Options
    Thank you all!
    I'm doing ok, seem to be spending most of my time asleep though. I keep dropping off in the middle of checking my emails or something. On plus side, having a very cheap week :rotfl:
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I was going to say at least you can't spend while you're sleeping :rotfl:

Hope you're still feeling better x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Hope you’re feeling back to normal soon Your Grace!:)
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope you're feeling much better now GC x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Sorry to hear you've been feeling unwell with the flu GC, hope you're feeling better now xx
    Mummytogirls x

• GeorgianaCavendish
    Options
    Thank you everyone! :) I'm feeling much better but still have lingering cold-type symptoms. Yuck! Back at work though which is good, had a ton of stuff to catch up on!

I did most of my Christmas shopping over the weekend, making use of Amazon vouchers earned from survey sites and Black Friday discount codes (only bothered with BF for things that I was planning to buy anyway). I've just got my mum's present left to buy - I've got some ideas but want to do a trip to TK Maxx to see if I can find anything outstanding there.

Had a MSE-win this weekend. The electric toothbrush has been playing up and I thought it was out of warranty but double checked the paperwork and found out we had 3 days left. Then I discovered (thanks to this great website called Electric Teeth :D ) that I could extend the warranty period by a year with no charge, so got that done by the skin of my teeth :D Now I can send the toothbrush off for repair/replacement without worrying about it being out of warranty. I picked up a couple of cheap manual toothbrushes this morning so will post the electric one off tomorrow.

MSE sort-of-win : landlord informed us of rent increase for 2018 :( but it is nowhere near as much as we expected / had been planning for :T

Still on my pending list is sorting out the AGV anti-virus stuff (although current anti-virus stuff is still active so haven't left my devices unprotected!) and negotiate cheaper contents insurance. I have 2 months left on the current policy so I'm going to diarise the contents insurance for the first week in January. We did a bit of pricing up of our home contents over the weekend and really do think that we are over-insured on the current policy so will see if we can reduce the amount of coverage.

Thank you for everyone who has given me advice on the anti-virus software and the insurance, I really appreciate it! :)
  • GeorgianaCavendish
    Options
    Oh! I forgot to mention that I'm having a minor celebration at my desk as the balance on my personal loan is now under £10,000 :T

Among some of the rubbish Black Friday marketing I received was one from HSBC offering me a consolidation loan. No no no no no!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback