The Fabulous February NSD Challenge!

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,175 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ah thank you all,that's very sweet. :)

I'm completely at peace with having MS,but now that I've also got a slipped disc,I'm a bit less happy.Anyway,such is life.

I have cerebral palsy.
    Like you I am (finally) at peace with it.
    I dont cope as well when something else is added in to the mix though.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,175 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    So NSD no 10 today.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • No nsd for me today, did my food shop (for £19.42 mind you) also bought my little man a hairy mclairy puzzle for Easter, a set of four for £3.99 in Aldii so a nice deal and much better for him than chocolate! He'll get loads from others anyway. Tomorrow won't be a nsd either :(
    Sealed pot challenge 10 - 123 : )
    It all started with a penny and a pot..
    MFW 2017 #107 £934.50/£3000
    Remaining balance £157,719.60
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Good evening NSD gang, am now the other side of a run of night shifts so can catch up....got some odds and sods at the local shop today so not a NSD. Might just scrape my way to target, will need to apply discipline though.....

Beanie and marmite - I wasn't aware you both have significant medical conditions. Not wishing to stick my beak in but I think that is total crap. You are both good people and it is so unfair you should have these issues, especially as my work often brings me into contact with pond life who don't deserve the gift of good health. Nothing I can do, things are as they are, I am just happy that you both manage your conditions and get on with life. All credit to both of you for that.
    One life - your life - live it!
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    (Igor, if you offer to cure marmite's slipped disc by means of a chip fat massage, I think you will find yourself with a rectum stuffed with chip fat. Might be ok for your piles, but the chip pan will be blooming painful...)
    One life - your life - live it!
  • (Igor, if you offer to cure marmite's slipped disc by means of a chip fat massage, I think you will find yourself with a rectum stuffed with chip fat. Might be ok for your piles, but the chip pan will be blooming painful...)

That's him telt!!!! As we say up in Scotland. :D

Cheffie has offered me an extended loan of his emergency truss,though I can't quite picture it around my neck,as said slipped disc is 'igh up.Needless to say I'm just not sure how long it has been festering in his underthings drawer.Perish the thought.He means well,bless 'im.
    Mind you I'm feeling a bit queasy now. :eek::eek:
  • beanielou wrote: »
    I have cerebral palsy.
    Like you I am (finally) at peace with it.
    I dont cope as well when something else is added in to the mix though.

It is tough isn't it?It took me a long time to get my head around it.
    It's a case of learning to live with what 'you' can do and not what you can't do,don't you think?
    Thanks. :A:A

Beanie and marmite - I wasn't aware you both have significant medical conditions. Not wishing to stick my beak in but I think that is total crap. You are both good people and it is so unfair you should have these issues, especially as my work often brings me into contact with pond life who don't deserve the gift of good health. Nothing I can do, things are as they are, I am just happy that you both manage your conditions and get on with life. All credit to both of you for that.

Thanks Nargle.That's a nice thing to say. :A:A
    I'm actually very fortunate.It could be a lot worse.

Here come Hubert and Igor now for a big group hug. :o
  • Had another NSD yesterday - so up to number 5/12

Family came to stay over the weekend, so my spend days on Friday and Saturday were much heavier than normal... Worth it, though! Was great to see them.

Keep it up everyone!
    We can do this!

I'm glad you had a good time with your family. :)
    8/15 thank goodness!

Indeed,well done! :j:j
    No nsd for me today, did my food shop (for £19.42 mind you) also bought my little man a hairy mclairy puzzle for Easter, a set of four for £3.99 in Aldii so a nice deal and much better for him than chocolate! He'll get loads from others anyway. Tomorrow won't be a nsd either :(

Is that your weekly shop?Well done! :j:j
  • marmiterulesok
    marmiterulesok Posts: 7,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    edited 20 February 2017 at 11:05PM
    beanielou wrote: »
    So NSD no 10 today.

Double figures beanie! :j:j
    ceb1995 wrote: »
    Yesterday was a spendy day with buying bridesmaid dresses bought myself breakfast and lunch out, on the plus side just went 40p over budget on the dresses.
    Since I was too tired to get things in for lunch last night, today I spent £3 on a meal deal and had ran out of paracetamol,so no nsd.
    With only 7 days left in the month I don't think I ll make my target now but determined to improve next month.
    Naomim wrote: »
    Blimey, just realised yesterday was an NSD! Walked the dog and took 7yo on a Pokemon hunt via a trip to the playground.

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to hit my target of 8 as this is only #2 but who knows!

Naomi

I'm glad that neither of you mentioned the 'F' word.It's a while since those soggy paintbrushes have had an outing.....
    Just as well,I say. :eek:

Don't forget,if you don't quite reach target,there's a consolation prize.I think I'll be getting one of those this month. :o

Consolation prize:5vvz46.jpg

Isn't he just a dear? :-)
  • Good evening NSD gang, am now the other side of a run of night shifts so can catch up....got some odds and sods at the local shop today so not a NSD. Might just scrape my way to target, will need to apply discipline though....

Ah,the Narglehounds are absent for the week are they?Having their fangs sharpened again I believe?

Igor's ears pricked up when he heard the word discipline.His second cousin once removed,Olga,knows a thing or two about disci.......Igor I'm shocked!People,cover your ears! :eek::eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure