IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

FINAL REMINDER - SIP LIMITED - Manchester

Options
167891012»

Comments

• thismakemesad
    Options
    I'll probably be back in touch then when they don't! haha

Judge Powell. Not sure if he's done any other cases that you guys are aware?
  • thismakemesad
    Options
    So 14 days on, and nothing has been paid. What's my next move? I expected this to happen, and feel my initial costs stand even more so now, is that doable to write to the judge and request my initial costs are redeemed considering they have broken this now too?
  • thismakemesad
    Options
    Hi there, 27th November was the date this was meant to be paid, it hasn't been. I want to take it back to my original request of full costs rather than the £198 I was awarded. But I don't know if that is possible. The court say they can't do any more and that I have to Chase it up myself on how I want this debt to be collected. I have absolutely no idea on how this is done and don't want to have another court hearing or anything of the kind. But understand there might not be any other option. Is this something I can retrieve without a load of forms and stress? Or sadly is the system complicated again to then get the amount paid? I've really enjoyed this not being on my mind anymore, and feel the stress straight away coming back to get this sorted, but I want to collect it on behalf of all the help you guys have given. Any help on next steps will be greatly appreciated! I want SIP to feel the pain of this case.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Is there anyone that can get you details of all SIP's outstanding CCJ's?

Seem to recall an idea where if someone that lost against SIP could pay a SIP outstanding CCJ as one debt "satisfies" another. Perhaps someone could confirm.
  • Loadsofchildren123
    Options
    No idea about that.

You can't revisit costs now. You asked for 27.14(2)(g) costs and the judge said no and awarded £198 instead.

but you can enforce the costs. There are different ways of enforcing depending on how high the amount is, have a look online or someone will come along and advise. I think it's a writ of control, but I'm not sure if that's only for orders over £500.
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No idea about that.

Seems to be a Third Party Debt Order.
    A Third Party Debt Order may also be served on anyone who owes the judgment debtor money so where a judgment debtor cannot pay you because they are owed money by someone else, then a Third Party Debt Order attaches to that third party so they pay money to you rather than paying the judgment debtor. These orders are commonly directed at the judgment debtors bank/building society to pay money out to satisfy the debt.

Fee is £100. Form is N349 so presume that the fee is added to the debt too.

Perhaps someone could set up a "clearing house" for SIP TPDO?
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Yep, that fee is simply added to the debt, as theyve already "lost"
    With a few goes round you can easily get this up over £600, then you call the High Court in.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure