IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

FINAL REMINDER - SIP LIMITED - Manchester

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Do not forget you still need to attend.

Your presence and their unwillingness to send a Rep or even a witness should be enough for the judge to award you the case.
  • claxtome
    claxtome Posts: 628 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 19 October 2017 at 7:17AM
    Options
    So would I literally be able to put in the point about them showing evidence for the wrong parking space? Or would I need to create an SA for the whole of the witness statement? I feel I've said everything I need to in the WS but just want to start everything off with pointing out the wrong car park

It is your day in court and you take the judge through whatever you want from your defence statement, WS or evidence And anything the other side have sent. If you don't need a Crib sheet or SA that is fine. I did as would forget what I wanted to say. :)

Btw I would second what IamEmanresu has just posted. Them not turning up can only work in your favour - no cross examining what you say.

Finally make sure you submit your costs with court 24 hours before the court day. You need to send it to Claimant Solicitors as well. May as well get your expenses paid for the day.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Finally make sure you submit your costs with court 24 hours before the court day. You need to send it to Claimant Solicitors as well. May as well get your expenses paid for the day.

This, do this tonight, so Court an Gladstones get it. Push it a bit, look this poster got £1500!!:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5662425&page=3
    So would I literally be able to put in the point about them showing evidence for the wrong parking space?
    Yes, if the judge wants you to walk through your defence you can also point out any discrepancies and massive holes in their evidence, and paint a picture throughout of them being WHOLLY UNREASONABLE and vexatious from the outset.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • System
    Options
    See that SIP are now referring to themselves as SAP Parking - shows what they think about their clients.
  • System
    Options
    How did it go?
  • knightstyle
    knightstyle Posts: 7,009 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Anyone heard from the opp??????
  • thismakemesad
    Options
    Hi all,

Sorry for the late reply. Only had a moment today to think it through and let it sink in that we won!! WHOO! I say we because so much was down to you guys and the help I received so thank you.
    The win was mainly on the basis of lack of show from the claimant side, and they submitted their absence via email, only 6 days before. Gladstones have shot themselves in the foot again it seems. However, judge said there looked like a strong case and he was positive that it would have gone in our favour anyway.
    Thank you so much.! Haven't had time to have a celebratory pint as of yet, but tonight is the night. So I'll be raising a glass to you all.
    Take care, and in the nicest possible way, hope we don't meet again in these circumstances!
    x
  • thismakemesad
    Options
    Oh forgot to mention, I was awarded £198 in costs. I applied for over £1,368 after totalling all my hours, but because my reasoning was unreasonable behaviour, he said he could only really go into those costs if we went through the case. If I'm honest, I just wanted out at that point and he was already annoyed he had allocated 1.5 hours of court time so I don't think he wanted to proceed further. Plus, if there was something he disagreed with in the WS the whole thing may have flipped to the other side so I was happy.

I have no idea how to apply for those costs or what to do now about that, I assume there's a NEWBIE'S file somewhere to read through.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,528 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I’m sure they will receive notification from the court and will need to send you a cheque by the date specified by the Judge. Come back if you don’t receive your payment by that date.

Well done. It’s just pathetic that a so-called professional organisation can just operate with such disdain for the court system.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • System
    Options
    Judge's name? Was it DJ Reece?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income