Electric cars

Options

Comments

• Stageshoot
    Options
    AdrianC wrote: »
    40k/year is 200 miles per working day on average.

Without destination charging, that's Tesla-only territory right now

Rubbish, the Zoe does 200 easily without a recharge. and thats a £15k to £19k on the road EV (Depending on Spec). why does everyone assume the Tesla is the only vehicle for motorway use
    Over 100k miles of Electric Motoring and rising,
  • Stageshoot
    Options
    NigeWick wrote: »
    I have to disagree. EVs are already cheaper to run and service. Once batteries are below about £100 per kWh very few people will want to buy a fossil burner as EVs will be cheaper to buy up front too.

It seems that the difference in price between Tesla's shorter and longer range lorries shows that the company is already at or close to US$100 per kWh.

Its not far off now, the Renault Zoe has 2 options lease the battery or buy it outright,.

Its a 41kwh usable 45kwh total battery and the buy price is £5000.. So already just over £100 per kwh,
  • Tammykitty
    Tammykitty Posts: 1,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I wonder how my employer would react if I had an electric car and the couldn't get into today, due to a power cut last night?

I know of a few areas where the power was off for 3+ days after previous storms.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Stageshoot wrote: »
    Rubbish, the Zoe does 200 easily without a recharge and thats a £15k to £19k on the road EV
    250 mile official-cycle range on the higher-end models - £18-21k plus £110/mo unlimited mileage battery lease, or £23-26k owning the battery.

I admire your optimism as to how NEDC range translates to reality on a cold, wet, dark winter night, especially anywhere hilly.
  • Stageshoot
    Options
    250 mile official-cycle range on the higher-end models - £18-21k plus £110/mo unlimited mileage battery lease, or £23-26k owning the battery.

I admire your optimism as to how NEDC range translates to reality on a cold, wet, dark winter night, especially anywhere hilly.

250 is NEDC yes, mine does a real world 200 easily

As for your prices complete rubbish.

I bought the top of the range SigNav 41k with Metallic Paint and Quick Charge and it was £19400 on the road with the owned battery

why dont you crawl back in yout hole rather than wasting your time trolling an EV post if you hate them so much
  • AdrianC
    Options
    As for your prices complete rubbish.
    They're the Renault lists, taken straight from Renault's website.
    https://www.renault.co.uk/vehicles/new-vehicles/zoe-250/models-and-prices.html
    Ignore Expression spec, as it only has the 22kW battery.

For a car in such apparently high demand, I assumed discounts would not be easily forthcoming... I'm very happy for you that you got £7k+ off list, but that would suggest they're rather desperate to shift tin, would it not?

BTW, if by "quick-charge", you mean the Q90 motor option, I notice that reduces the official range to 230 miles. Renault themselves temper your optimism with the following...
    Homologated range according to NEDC test cycle, for comparison purposes, 250 miles, real world range will very according to various factors including driving conditions, driving style, temperature and topography but is likely to be between 124 miles (winter conditions) and 186 miles in temperate conditions for the R90 motor. For Q90 Quick Charge it is 230 miles NEDC, 174 miles in summer and 112 miles in winter.
    https://www.renault.co.uk/vehicles/new-vehicles/zoe-250/engines.html
    But what do they know, eh?
  • IanMSpencer
    IanMSpencer Posts: 1,517 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aside from the grizzling, I've found this a really interesting discussion. I wouldn't trust any of the facts and figures here, but it has certainly pointed me to some issues I hadn't considered or considered properly.
  • Stageshoot
    Options
    They're the Renault lists, taken straight from Renault's website.
    https://www.renault.co.uk/vehicles/new-vehicles/zoe-250/models-and-prices.html
    Ignore Expression spec, as it only has the 22kW battery.

For a car in such apparently high demand, I assumed discounts would not be easily forthcoming... I'm very happy for you that you got £7k+ off list, but that would suggest they're rather desperate to shift tin, would it not?

BTW, if by "quick-charge", you mean the Q90 motor option, I notice that reduces the official range to 230 miles. Renault themselves temper your optimism with the following...

https://www.renault.co.uk/vehicles/new-vehicles/zoe-250/engines.html
    But what do they know, eh?

Link below shows my purchase invoice.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n58lrw59rmif256/order1.jpg?dl=0
  • NigeWick
    NigeWick Posts: 2,715 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Martyn1981 wrote: »
    However, we may need some kind of smart chargers to prevent all plugged in cars charging at max in the late evening, rather than spreading the load out more evenly across the whole night.
    Already being trialled. I've got an Electric Nation smart charger (it was free to me) so that the company can look at how people charge their vehicles. It has the capability to slow or stop charging if there's high enough use to be a threat to the grid. I nearly always use Economy 7 or a 3 pin plug if my solar is close to its 4kW max output.

In a couple of months I will be getting my Tesla Powerwall 2 and a Zappi smart charger. The Zappi pushes any unused solar to the car before allowing it to the grid. I am getting the new 40kWh Nissan Leaf which has the capability of V2G so that will be another option in the near future.
    The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract.
    Oliver Wendell Holmes
  • AdrianC
    Options
    I don't doubt that you did get a substantial discount off list. Well done. BTW, you may want to redact a little harder to remove your name from it.

That invoice does rather prove my point, though - it clearly shows the (before gov't grant) list price of £30,670, with a £7,880 discount off it (taking the VAT into account). If you also factor the gov't grant in, that's a 30% discount, 25% without the grant. That's pretty bloody sizable by any measure, and can only be indicative of real-world demand.

It seems that yours is one of just three iSigs which have been registered in the UK, all Q90, with another 19 Sig Q90s on battery lease, and another 77 Sig R90s on lease. There are a total of less than 1,000 40kWh Zoes of all specs.
    https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?q=renault+zoe
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure