IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Help with Witness Statement and Skeleton Argument

Options
12346»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    He then made a pointed comment to me about sourcing defence arguments from online boards; to which I retorted there was little alternative as a litigant in person.
    Good answer and quite right, where else would you get this sort of advice? Certainly not from the CAB (or any solicitor, without paying them, and they wouldn't be as clued-up as us on some matters!).
    The Judge then interpreted the contract/signage to construct an argument that I had fulfilled the contract and was not in breach.
    Good stuff!

BTW, what location exactly, and what was your claim number, so we can quote it as saying that DJ Goddard found the signage there allowed a person to fulfil the contract by paying and displaying when parking and can't be held liable for where a ticket ends up later on (if that's what DJ Goddard said?).
    it felt like a foregone conclusion.
    Good. Just a shame DJ Goddard would not award your costs, why should you be out of pocket?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Great result. The irony of course in dealing with the parking co's and debt recovery agents is that they are the worst for using templates and not responding to questions.

I struggle to see how the use of a forum should be criticised (at all). If I was a DJ I'd be striking out shoddy particulars until the Claimants sorted that out. But that may be why I'm not a DJ....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport