IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Help with Witness Statement and Skeleton Argument

Options

Comments

• Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You and MA61 and stephthechosenone are all in court tomorrow:
    I'm looking forward to a good news day tomorrow. Good luck to these posters
  • Jinxycat
    Jinxycat Posts: 16 Forumite
    edited 31 May 2017 at 7:17AM
    Options
    Thank you!

I wasn't the driver and he can't rely on POFA as they forgot to issue a NTK, but I'm being taken to court as 'keeper', so I'm quite looking forward to ruining his day.
  • Loadsofchildren123
    Options
    OP, just found my way back to this thread. all of your documents read really well, I hope you have success!
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
  • Jinxycat
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your guidance and moral support! I'm pleased to say that the case was successfully defended. It's such a relief!

I'm away for a few days now but I'll come back with a case report soon. Thanks again!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Jinxycat wrote: »
    Thank you everyone for your guidance and moral support! I'm pleased to say that the case was successfully defended. It's such a relief!

I'm away for a few days now but I'll come back with a case report soon. Thanks again!

YAY!!!!!!!!! Very well done!

ALL FOUR CASES TODAY ON THIS FORUM WERE WON!

Yours, and

- stephthechosenone

- Jack Basta

- MA61

ALL WINNERS TODAY, KEEPING UP OUR 100% RECORD...:D

:T:T:T
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • safarmuk
    safarmuk Posts: 648 Forumite
    Options
    Well done ... very pleased for you and look forward to the court report when you get back (you might want to note down a few things before you forget that we would find useful, such as, the DJ's name, the PPC's advocates name and the main winning points). Please do update when back as the court reports are really a great resource for the next people who go through this to get an idea of what to expect and what happens.

Your case was the last one we were waiting to hear about today and its good to end today 4 for 4.
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Superb. Today has been a good day, and we still have the reports to look forward to... Who needs BGT!
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Four out of four. Well done. Please do come back and update us.

I'm a bit disappointed that despite the effort put in to her case by regulars, and a promise to give us feedback, Sarahlou seems to have failed to deliver.

Maybe she's away for a break?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 1 June 2017 at 6:20PM
    Options
    I would love to hear her court report, maybe it needs a gentle bump?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Jinxycat
    Options
    Hi all, thanks, and I'm so pleased to hear that the others had success.

I went before District Judge Goddard, with solicitor's agent Mr Singh representing the Claimant, KBT Cornwall Ltd/Armtrac.
    The District Judge saw us early and was in a rush to get through the case. He was obviously frustrated with Gladstone's evidence (no pagination). The good news came early when DJ Goddard opened by telling the claimant's representative that he was going to lose the case; but it was his job to persuade him otherwise. He then made a pointed comment to me about sourcing defence arguments from online boards; to which I retorted there was little alternative as a litigant in person.

The solicitor's agent gave an embarrassing performance and was unable to set out the facts of the case succinctly, so I was invited to assist with specifying the facts of the case, including the location and the name of the landowner (!). The Judge asked for my parking ticket and was satisfied that I had paid and displayed. The claimant was compelled to accept that was not at dispute. The Judge then interpreted the contract/signage to construct an argument that I had fulfilled the contract and was not in breach. I was invited to state my best arguments, which were noncompliance with POFA, their right to pursue a trespass claim, and the extravagant and unconscionable nature of the charges (Beavis) but it felt like a foregone conclusion.

The Judge found in my favour, the Claimant sought rights to appeal, which were rejected. The Judge would not award my costs.

Thanks again for your support and advice throughout!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure