Engine Engineering Paisley

Options
family4tunes
family4tunes Posts: 103 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 5 September 2018 at 11:18AM in Motoring
Beware of this company!

{Text removed by MSE Forum Team} I have not known anyone that has received the service they advertise or to have the surcharge refunded.

The telesales will just pacify you each time when you ring with a complaint, they will never get back to you and you will never get any resolve. They have been raided by the Police several times, and they have many county court judgements against them. they trade under several names so beware of any similar sounding company of the same address.

Read their terms and conditions fully and you will see that they make it almost impossible to make a claim against them without it costing more than the issue its self.

They have been closed down by trading standards several times but always manage to re-open again with new directors and similar business names.

Comments

• arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So what have they done
  • family4tunes
    edited 26 February 2019 at 5:20AM
    Options
    Engine Engineering Paisley

Hi,

Basically they require you old engine complete in exchange for the reconditioned one they send that you have purchased. They charge an advance fee they call a surcharge of £450 until you send back your old engine. Using their carrier service to send it back (which you are charged x 2 £60) upon receipt they are supposed to refund this amount back.

What they do is say your engine is not fit to use and withhold the refund. They will either say one part is not serviceable or some other reason, but they will find fault regardless and not pay out.

In my case I had another part (the cylinder head) that they said could not be used sent after being verified by Peugeot Bath forwarded on to them as a replacement so I could get my refund. Although it was a further expense the return appeared justified. It was received via recorded signed for delivery but they wont accept they have it or the person from their garage even signed for it.

They wont return any items as they say once it is received it at their property it becomes their ownership. All they do when you phone, email etc is just buff you off every time. They never refund or admit liability, if you suggest going to the county court they will tell you that all their equipment including tools etc are owned by their other companies and they have no assets so sue away.

Upon looking through the web, I have come across many others that have had the same treatment as me and also lost large sums of money. They actually y use MSE to advertise thier business via alleged customer feedback reports, which I believe was authored by themselves. As well as the Facebook comments.
  • family4tunes
    edited 6 September 2018 at 10:45AM
    Options
    [FONT=&quot]Engine Engineering Trade Ltd of Paisly GlasgowScotland. Engine reconditioners.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The Director is {Personal details removed by MSE Forum Team}[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Avoid,Avoid, Avoid[/FONT][FONT=&quot],

They will take your money in my case £2000 & if you do get an engine which in my case took nearly 4 weeks (alleged in stock ready to go) you'll find that the workmanship is so bad that there is no point in wasting your time putting it in your car, then as mentioned I could not get my £480 surcharge back.

You will find several other postings on the internet, one whereby they used silicon instead of a head gasket on a Citroen Belingo, in my case they installed leaking oil seals which had to be brought and then replaced at further cost again. After that we checked them out with companies house only to find that they had already applied to be struck out in October last year.

This was before they took our money for the engine, having searched a bit further & found that they have done this on a regular basis over the last 10 years they have had the business struck off then opened again with a similar name that the average person would not notice, but always under the same address until they moved in December 2014, but with a different company number & who looks at that fine detail when making a purchase.

They are also behind with their payments to HMRC & this is money they have already deducted from their employees I feel sorry for the staff who obviously don't realise that each time they do this it also means they have no employment rights or protections they make sure they strike the company out before the their legal employment rights starts, so they could have been there years but because its a new company every 18 months to 2 years then they lose all their rights.

But having said that, most staff know you are being ripped off and they actually assist doing it by being evasive and not helping, to a degree they are in hand with management which makes them just as guilty to ripping you off as their boss. They will not let you talk direct to anyone other than the call centre staff, and their accounts department is run by a third party business (alleged) which only deal direct with them by email. Unless you visit the garage in person and refuse to move you have no chance of resolve.

Being across the boarder in Scotland also helps them intentionally to reject English law and create a dilemma that will make most people just give up the chase for their rights and money.[/FONT]

• docmatt
    docmatt Posts: 915 Forumite
    Options
    What on earth are all you lot doing to break your engines?
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 6 September 2018 at 11:04AM
    Options
    And why aren't you researching {text removed by MSE Forum Team} before parting with your money?
  • family4tunes
    Options
    Basically they were recommended by a garage during a phone call when trying to source a repair. The car was needed urgently and my only access to the web was at my local library at the time as I didn't own a PC, so sourcing info other than phonebooks and limited refs given was the only available research to me. I am in my 60's and tend to be a little too trusting when dealing with people or trades that are more knowledgably on the subject matter than myself.

The repair itself was needed after a breakdown on the motorway when the attending insurance backed (Hastings) recovery company reset the car when it went into limp mode, then after misdiagnosing a overheating fault, I was then told everything was okay to drive on, but subsequently overheated again this time warping the cylinder head and scoring the piston barrels. This obviously naffed the engine completely and it needed replacement.
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Basically they were recommended by a garage during a phone call when trying to source a repair. The car was needed urgently and my only access to the web was at my local library at the time as I didn't own a PC, so sourcing info other than phonebooks and limited refs given was the only available research to me. I am in my 60's and tend to be a little too trusting when dealing with people or trades that are more knowledgably on the subject matter than myself.

The repair itself was needed after a breakdown on the motorway when the attending insurance backed (Hastings) recovery company reset the car when it went into limp mode, then after misdiagnosing a overheating fault, I was then told everything was okay to drive on, but subsequently overheated again this time warping the cylinder head and scoring the piston barrels. This obviously naffed the engine completely and it needed replacement.

Was that an ecoboost ford unit?
  • Stay
    Stay Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 6 September 2018 at 9:19AM
    Options
    I can’t believe this company hasn’t been brought to justice after all these years of switching names and stealing off people! It’s time it was stopped. We paid £3000 for an engine from this {text removed by MSE Forum Team} 2 and half years ago and haven’t had the engine or our money back to this day. (That’s the short version) It seems to mirror a lot of others situation where when you ring them they don’t get back to you or find a loop hole not to refund. We even got a debt collector involved but because the Scottish law is different to the UK, this can make it difficult with no guarantee of winning the case because he lies as to having no assets so, you would be out of pocket, yet again!

During the time we had the debt collector involved the business was raided by the police and HMRC where cash and firearms were ceased.......I leave that to your imagination to decided what that was about?

I’ve noticed there isn’t any google reviews anymore. There was a lot of annoyed customers at the time we wrote one, obviously this was bad for business...... And before anyone says why didn’t we check on them before parting with our money, that’s easy to say now but at the time we needed a quick fix and they guaranteed to deliver an engine within a week! Never again :(
  • debtdebt
    debtdebt Posts: 949 Forumite
    Options
    Beware of this company!

Search the web including the normal social medias and you will find many people who have been conned by this company. I have not known anyone that has received the service they advertise or to have the surcharge refunded.

You should have searched the web before dealing with them NOT AFTER.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure