PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Style Sunday 15 January

Options

Comments

• ancientofdays
    Options
    Morning all, just pootling at present, OH has gone to get the paper.
    It seems to have been raining all night, it woke me up.
    I've nearly finished my set of knitted farm animals, farmer and lady farmer. Just a cow and a horse to make now and I started the horse yesterday, after the sheep and its lamb.
    OH cooked yesterday, my turn today and it will be roast chicken. With the usual things.

LaineyT I am thinking of you.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,106 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning,been raining here all night too, I could hear it on the glass roof cos I ended up on the sofa-DH has a horrible cough and I dont want it! He did say he would have gone down but he's too tall to sleep on it with any comfort,I find it ok.I was warm as we banked up the logburner and it lasted for ages. I gingerly opened the cellar door to check if any water had got in during the night but its ok.The park is very flooded though,I ended up taking Ly1a mostly round the road so she didnt get too muddy.

Need to get milk and some bits from the sm later but will take roast beef in gravy out of the freezer and use the last of the Xmas spuds. We quite often have an Indian takeaway if we dont go out on Saturday night but DH didnt feel like it so cobbled a meal together with bolognaise sauce,mushrooms,chorizo and made garlic bread with a part baked baguette,very tasty too.DS also had the baguettes but I found 2 thin packs of sandwich steaks in the freezer so they had those.

DH and DS2 are due to start a job tomorrow,not sure if DH will be fit,blooming annoying after all these weeks of no work-still he'll go if up to it,he rarely has time off sick.

Hugs to Lainey,and hoping Hilstep is ok too xx
    Have a good Sunday.
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,435 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone.
    Thanks for the warm welcome.
    As you will see I'm not a very early riser, even more so today as I was still awake at 3am !
    Today's weather is dry,overcast but still windy. Lunch will be Roast lamb and roasties.
    My father always joins us on Sunday and has done since my lovely mum passed away almost 3 years ago and stays with us till about 7pm, so will have to read your posts more in depth later - only have time to skim read now.
    Good vibrations to all
    nan
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,778 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning, another one planning a cleaning up day here. It was supposed to be yesterday but the house elf (who is really a pre-teen house troll now for anyone who remembers him from when I used to post on the daily) had a vomiting bug on Friday so I was too tired to start cleaning yesterday. I've just moved the sofa and chairs, cleaned and mopped under them and I'm waiting for the floor to dry (laminate) so I can put them back and clean the rest of the floor. The kitchen floor has been done already.

After lunch I will hoover upstairs but do the proper clean up there tomorrow when MasterC is at school and out of my way. Your mocha squares are really popular with him by the way Snoozer. It's a roast chicken dinner tonight as the small person survived mostly on crackers yesterday due to still feeling a bit wobbly. He assures me that he's feeling good today so I want to make him something tasty.

Dumpling I'm two thirds of the way through making a small crochet dragon that one of my adult friends asked me for. I love making things but hate the sewing together bit!

Csarina I've just changed MasterC's duvet for his winter one. It must be that time of year as he has been warm enough so far. His summer one is a bit thin in places but that suits him for summer as he doesn't usually feel the cold much. I'm impressed that he's lasted this long before having to swap over.

Thinking of Lainey and her family today.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,663 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    My darling Mum passed away earlier today, we were with her until the end and the wonderful hospice staff made it as peaceful as possible.
    I just wanted to say a big thank you to all that have supported me through such difficult times, it means a great deal to know that you were thinking of her and lighting candles etc.
    Still quite numb at the moment which is probably for the best, will go and have a hot bath now & maybe try to sleep for a while x
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,599 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss Lainey.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My condolences to you and your family LaineyT, your Mum was with the folk she loved most, that must have helped her on her next journey.
    To have your precious loved ones around you at this time is so important I think.
    Take care of yourselves honey and and try to get some much needed sleep the next few weeks will be draining for you all and the coming months tough,but your Mum is no longer in pain.My prayers and good wishes go to you all at this time
    JackieO xxx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,103 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So sorry for your loss Lainey.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Lainey

I am so sorry for your loss. It must feel unreal just now. Take care of yourself and try to rest if you can. Gentle virtual hug.

A small freezer somehow got switched off and defrosted so I rescued what I could and dumped the rest. The freezer and floor have been washed and the drawers put in the dishwasher so they are really clean. Will pop out later for ice cubes, bread etc and start to put things inside it with crossed fingers.

Son in law and dds moved the welsh dresser in the conservatory yesterday so we don't need extension leads and the freezer is less likely to be accidentally switched off again.

I emptied a large box dd had been keeping for me and got everything stored away and labelled. Started on two loads of washing for middle dd, took recycling out to the boxes and decided to take a break and have lunch.

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • LadyMoney
    Options
    So sorry for your sad loss Lainey. Look after yourself too xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing