PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one

Options

Comments

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,110 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Farway wrote: »
    My Nan's was same, loved the suet puds. And the prunes were great for " Tinker Tailor" etc round the rim of the plate, plus for us boys, the rudeness of either spitting the stones out or sort of rudely ejecting them between our lips

Spiralisers, I had one, manual, sort of like a vegetable lathe, fell into the CBA category and I recently gave it to my DD who is big time vegetarian so maybe will use it

Tonight meal, not sure again, it has gone from LO roast chick which still hanging around like bad smell, despite having some in sarnies yesterday, or could be LO beans on toast, or maybe combine the lot, chicken, beans & oven chips again

It will be quick and easy though as is really a CBA day today, just had cheese salad roll lunchtime, just bog standard bap, not brioche

PS - Password borrowing, could be worse than sex offender, how about ISIS recruit? The boys in blue kicking your door down would seem lightweight compared to real heavy mob with guns

Sounds like the ideal meal for a CBA day:)
  • caronc
    Options
    I bought a bag of 8 baking spuds, so still had 4 left this morning - the four largest really.

So it was another spud, beans, cheese today.

3 spuds left now... two quite large and one a bit small that'll probably end up as mash.
    What about slicing the small one up and layering it with some onion & other veg and cocktail sausages, cover with thin gravy and bake/nuke or bung in the slow cooker for a wee change? Would be like a sort of hotpot/stovies easy and really tasty
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    What about slicing the small one up and layering it with some onion & other veg and cocktail sausages, cover with thin gravy and bake/nuke or bung in the slow cooker for a wee change? Would be like a sort of hotpot/stovies easy and really tasty

It's easy to have 1000 ideas.... the problem is that "motivation" stuff. If you've not got that in the house then everything else goes out the window :)

I had a jam sandwich. 2 bits of bread, spoon some jam in.

So nice, I had it again a bit later :)
  • caronc
    Options
    It's easy to have 1000 ideas.... the problem is that "motivation" stuff. If you've not got that in the house then everything else goes out the window :)
    Yep very true :)
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Farway wrote: »
    My Nan's was same, loved the suet puds. And the prunes were great for " Tinker Tailor" etc round the rim of the plate, plus for us boys, the rudeness of either spitting the stones out or sort of rudely ejecting them between our lips

Spiralisers, I had one, manual, sort of like a vegetable lathe, fell into the CBA category and I recently gave it to my DD who is big time vegetarian so maybe will use it

Tonight meal, not sure again, it has gone from LO roast chick which still hanging around like bad smell, despite having some in sarnies yesterday, or could be LO beans on toast, or maybe combine the lot, chicken, beans & oven chips again

It will be quick and easy though as is really a CBA day today, just had cheese salad roll lunchtime, just bog standard bap, not brioche

PS - Password borrowing, could be worse than sex offender, how about ISIS recruit? The boys in blue kicking your door down would seem lightweight compared to real heavy mob with guns

lol didn't realise you are a boy thought it was only us girls on here.
    Ohhhhh yes do remember boys tricks with the prune stones, I had two younger brothers, they spat them at me when our Nan wasn't looking and then looked all angelic when I shrieked. Did you flick jelly off your spoon as well.
    Slimming World at target
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

I had a jam sandwich. 2 bits of bread, spoon some jam in.

So nice, I had it again a bit later :)

Lol no butter on the bread, shame on you PN.
    Slimming World at target
  • caronc
    Options
    meg72 wrote: »
    lol didn't realise you are a boy thought it was only us girls on here.
    Ohhhhh yes do remember boys tricks with the prune stones, I had two younger brothers, they spat them at me when our Nan wasn't looking and then looked all angelic when I shrieked. Did you flick jelly off your spoon as well.
    I remember my wee brother spitting a cherry pip at me and being most surprised when I flicked it straight back at him. I've always been a lousy aim but not this time.........:D
  • Willowx
    Willowx Posts: 1,955 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just had a couple of crumpets with butter and crab paste which is impressively 93% crab. Think I might have banana sandwich later see how that goes with the brioche rolls.
  • caronc
    Options
    Willowx wrote: »
    Think I might have banana sandwich later see how that goes with the brioche rolls.
    That should work :)
  • mrssnowy_2
    Options
    Willowx wrote: »
    Just had a couple of crumpets with butter and crab paste which is impressively 93% crab. Think I might have banana sandwich later see how that goes with the brioche rolls.

Brioche rolls could make good bread and butter pudding

mrss
    You can't stay young for ever,but you can be immature for the rest of your life.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure