Buyology Swansea

Options
Its Hyper Value reborn! :D Went there today. Its in Gendros in the old Wicks building. Its great. Just like Hyper used to be before it went down the pan. Laminating pouches at £1 are one of my best buys today :T :T I was getting hyper value withdrawl symptoms :D

Go there - you know to want to :rotfl:

Comments

• luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I agree, DD came back with a big bag full of back to college stuff for kitchen, bathroom etc and paid next to nothing!

DD said it was like Hypervalue, but Mother disagreed - she said it was clean and well laid out (she was hyper-phobic).

Looking forward to going.
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • rednose66
    Options
    Buyology is more expensive than HV. And we have already seen them close a branch down in Newport that was ex HV.
  • karren
    karren Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    Options
    its hyper value, the baskets in swnaea are branded with hyper value! i asked the check out chap and he denied it but im sure its is.
    :A :j
  • PurpleDuck
    Options
    karren wrote: »
    its hyper value, the baskets in swnaea are branded with hyper value! i asked the check out chap and he denied it but im sure its is.

I noticed that as well :D Their customer service was better than Hyper mind - we got over charged for something and they refunded the money without a fuss. Always had a right lark when that happened with HV and they would only give credit notes.

Didn't notice them as being much dearer rednose66. As with all places like that you just have to mind what you buy as somethings are never the bargain they seem. The OH is going back tomorrow as I want a few more of the things I got at the weekend. I'm impressed with the wool so I want to make sure I get enough in case they stop selling it :D
  • PurpleDuck
    Options
    luxor4t wrote: »
    I agree, DD came back with a big bag full of back to college stuff for kitchen, bathroom etc and paid next to nothing!

DD said it was like Hypervalue, but Mother disagreed - she said it was clean and well laid out (she was hyper-phobic).

Looking forward to going.

Sounds like my OH. He used to hate HV with a passion. He was converted in the end :T Then they shut all the stores :rolleyes:
  • consumermonkey
    Options
    Anyone able to help with where it is in Swansea please? I have a reasonable knowledge of the place, but so far unsure of where this place is.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've never been (yet) .... looks like a good reason to trundle over there in the next week or so.
  • PurpleDuck
    Options
    Anyone able to help with where it is in Swansea please? I have a reasonable knowledge of the place, but so far unsure of where this place is.

Its on the Carmarthen Road in Swansea. In a big blue building next to the road in Gendros. The little industrial estate there. Near to Matalan and McD's. I'm sure someone can explain better than that :D

Leaving swansea on the Carmarthen road - Pass matlan then next left. Its got a big sign on it facing the road. If you reach tesco's then you've missed it :D

DH went in again and bought a load more stuff. I'm loving the place! :T
  • consumermonkey
    Options
    PurpleDuck wrote: »
    Its on the Carmarthen Road in Swansea. In a big blue building next to the road in Gendros. The little industrial estate there. Near to Matalan and McD's. I'm sure someone can explain better than that :D

Leaving swansea on the Carmarthen road - Pass matlan then next left. Its got a big sign on it facing the road. If you reach tesco's then you've missed it :D

DH went in again and bought a load more stuff. I'm loving the place! :T

Thanks, I should be more than able to find it now. That is the direction I am coming from if I'm on my way into town. Thanks
  • C_Ronaldo
    C_Ronaldo Posts: 4,732 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    PurpleDuck wrote: »
    Its Hyper Value reborn! :D Went there today. Its in Gendros in the old Wicks building. Its great. Just like Hyper used to be before it went down the pan. Laminating pouches at £1 are one of my best buys today :T :T I was getting hyper value withdrawl symptoms :D

Go there - you know to want to :rotfl:

Yes Hyper value changed the name a few months back, i think they were in financial trouble but not sure
    No Links in Signature by site rules - MSE Forum Team 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport