IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Gladstones CCC - UKCPM

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    The WS doesn't need teeth. A skeleton argument has teeth and legal arguments and can follow (or be taken to court) once you've seen the whites of their eye in their WS.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • AOneVS
    AOneVS Posts: 143 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    How does that witness statement look? I'll add in a reference to Beavis sign and any response I get to the SAR. The deadline for this is the middle of May, which seems ages away!
  • AOneVS
    Options
    This feels like a game of poker, in that I'm waiting for them to reveal their hand :) Is it better to submit the witness statement early and spend some time on the skeleton argument? Is it likely Gladstones\CPM will wait until around May before submitting theirs??

Knowledge is power. Can anything be gleaned from the judge that's been assigned to this? Deputy District Judge Harvey.
  • safarmuk
    safarmuk Posts: 648 Forumite
    Options
    Just googled - perhaps best not bring up canoes if it's the same DDJ and if you are lucky he might bring some olive focaccia to break the ice.
  • AOneVS
    edited 12 March 2017 at 5:30PM
    Options
    Is it worth adding a copy of the insurance certificate that shows me as the main driver plus one additional driver?

Regarding photos used as exhibits, should they be printed on a single page and should exif data or timestamp be included?

Any feedback on the WS as it stands?

Thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    I would include the insurance that shows 2 drivers (at least)...bear in mind you can also authorise anyone else with fully comp insurance to drive your car. WS looks fine, put it in (file to the claimant as well, with evidence to both them and the court) then it's their move!
  • Loadsofchildren123
    Options
    don't serve it early, you don't want to give them a heads up on your case
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
  • AOneVS
    Options
    I hear what you're saying LoadsofChildren. They have until the 23rd March to pay the court fee, which is the same date they have to respond to the SAR chaser. Do you think I wait and see if they pay first?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Yes, depending on the stated date by which you have to file your WS (often 'not later than 14 days before the hearing' but I've seen different versions, depends on the Judge).
  • Loadsofchildren123
    Options
    It's good to have it all ready to avoid the stress of a last minute rush, but serve it on the day you are supposed to. Are you against Gladstones? In my case they served theirs early and this seems to be the case for others as well. But that's up to them. Don't serve yours early. You can deal with any points they raise then as well.
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure