Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries

PoundStretchers bargains - Page 9

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

PoundStretchers bargains

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Food Shopping & Groceries
108 replies 47.4K views

Replies

• VfM4meplseVfM4meplse
    34.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PLRFD wrote: »
    I’ve just tried the lemon on toast it is lovely a bit like a grown up lemon curd.
    It looks good, like lemon curd but without the egg (big advantage!). Will stock up because it can be handy for baking.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • PLRFDPLRFD Forumite
    893 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I very often put a big spoon of Roses Lime Marmalade in curry and may well do with this too.
  • BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    47.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bisto best chicken gravy granules large 325g £1.89 instead of £3 elsewhere

Use by May 2020
    Links in my signature currently broken
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • PLRFDPLRFD Forumite
    893 posts
    ✭✭✭
    Danish luncheon fish 69p a tin yes that was luncheon fish but really it’s cod roe and very nice it is too.

86933-A2-A-2-F5-F-429-E-B142-2-C71132-A6-CF9.jpg
    image upload
  • duncanthedogduncanthedog Forumite
    3.9K posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sugar @ 45p/kilo just in time for making rhubarb jam :)

Dad spotted today that it is now down to 39p/kilo :T
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • tessie_beartessie_bear Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danish luncheon fish 69p a tin yes that was luncheon fish but really it’s cod roe and very nice it is too.

image upload

thankyou for posting this...i got some and have just tried it...lovely really nice
    onwards and upwards
  • Doc_NDoc_N Forumite
    7.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭

image upload

55% fish roe, according to the tin, which sounds innocuous enough until you realise what fish roe actually is.

Hard roe: the ovary of a female fish filled with mature eggs
    Soft roe: the testis of a male fish filled with mature sperm

Really not keen on that.........
  • BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    47.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried that , was vile , like gritty fish

Went in the bin
    Links in my signature currently broken
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • PLRFDPLRFD Forumite
    893 posts
    ✭✭✭
    Gritty ? I didn’t find it gritty.
  • tessie_beartessie_bear Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doc_N wrote: »
    55% fish roe, according to the tin, which sounds innocuous enough until you realise what fish roe actually is.

Hard roe: the ovary of a female fish filled with mature eggs
    Soft roe: the testis of a male fish filled with mature sperm

Really not keen on that.........
    yes that sounds like what i understand roe to be
    onwards and upwards