Stash Busting 2017 - I WILL use my mountains of craftstash before buying more!

Options

Comments

• nimbo
    nimbo Posts: 3,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    All the cards are looking great. I'm liking hearing about the recycling.

I need to refinish the binding in my last quilt. It's a little skew wiff.

I have made two draw string leather bags / pouches. As well as two leather axe cuffs today. (Not for me. But they have made my partner happy).

I've set off two litres of slow Gin and six litres of blackberry whiskey. He's decided I need to make a pouch for his belt and have hammered more holes in two of his belts for him.

So 14 things done. A fair few on the list.

I also have to confess I spent at the quilt show. I had budgeted for this and spent my birthday money on this. Have an epic dress pattern and some fabric to make it up in. I was really restrained. I took way more money than I spent.

I hope you're all well and busy enjoying the last few days of sunshine. I've been informed we need t get more blackberries and we'll need more sloes. We always need more sloes.

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
  • nimbo
    Options
    Aaaaargh it won't let me edit.

I've completed 105 of 500. I don't think I'm going to manage my target. But I'll get a bit closer. Haha.

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    wow, nimbo, you always have such an interesting set of projects! Well done.

Cards again for me. I was playing about with an embossing folder (which I've used often) and came up with these cards. Although it doesn't show up, the square card is embossed on glitter card. I am never happy with how gilding wax turns out for me, but the A5 card needed something to define the pattern.

36315504503_0801c778d8_n.jpgheart card square by Bobbie Doctor, on Flickr

36315505593_5517665032_n.jpgheart card A5 by Bobbie Doctor, on Flickr
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • nimbo
    Options
    Those cards are beautiful.

I've just read back and I should have counted individual square for my last quilt I'd be closer to my total. (It would feel a cheat as they were rather easy though).

I've made another pouch today hand sewn leather. Hard work and took an age. But now done and I've told him I'll never do another one.

I also made two axe holsters. Which is such a normal thing to write.

I'm about to make a leather strop for the axes and managed to get out of making a stiff sack for a tent as the fabric the wanted me to use would have spilt. I have a list I still need to get done.

110. Managed to also make what is for all intents a purposes a chamis leather for him out of a hide too. Just cut him a square of leather. Still slow going but I'm getting stuff done.

And I made a load of his stuff from a nasty green hide that he likes the colour of - but I hate. I'd got it out for junk journal covers and never got it used. It has now gone. (I've been trying to set myself the task of using us some of the not so nice stuff - and got a bit of a block for this one).

I hope you're all having good days. :)

• fiona100
    Options
    Hoping that you don't mind my first post on here., particularly posting so late in the year..

I have been lurking for a while over on the mortgage free wannabees section, and just found the craft section..

As my craft stash is rather large I need all the encouragement I can get..

Satin stitch on Linen is my craft of choice, followed by cross stitch on linen or aida . My stash is way too big, particularly of threads, and hobbycraft (the store and the 2ce yearly craft shows), are way too enticing.. Please keep me occupied and concentrating on slowly nibbling at my stash rather than spending.

Thanks fiona 100
  • nimbo
    Options
    Hiya.

I hope the thread keeps you motivated. (It helps keep me on track usually)

Have you got any certain projects in mind?

Good luck on the mortgage. :):):)

• greentiger
    Options
    Hi, fiona.
    We are looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labour.
    BTW I've been on this thread for a few years and I still haven't got through my stash. Sometimes it gets added to, but at least I try to make use of it!
  • fiona100
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks for your encouragement. I am notoriously bad at showing my craft projects to anyone, but I might be able to get some photos of things that I have done recently up soon. Fiona
  • magical
    magical Posts: 894 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Fiona. Welcome to the group.

I'm still lurking. Been in hospital for a month and can't wait to get back to crafting. Loving all your makes.

Aldi have some fat quarters in store tomorrow. I must resist. I must resist but oh I really need them x
    Comping for christmas x
    Thankyou to all posters:D
  • greentiger
    Options
    Hope you're well on the road to recovery, magical.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport