Hi Cumbria,
    Glad you are feeling better! Great achievements this year :T
    Aiming to early retire in April 2025 - DC pension currently £350k 
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,395 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Excellent work on CC's :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,096 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you beanie, glass half full and wannabe .

Today was a mixture of sadness and joy. Sadness that a friendship had to finish after many years, not on the same page anymore . Joy that friend who jetted off is returning on Friday and things are all ok. Joy that my new team bought me gifts for helping them settle into their new roles for the past 6 weeks. I was completely overwhelmed and cried . Such a lovely thought .

MSE NSD 3 so all good.
  • redofromstart
    Options
    What a lovely thing for your new team to do :)
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Friends are with us for a reason, for a season or for a lifetime. It is sad but okay when people part. Glad you have gelled with the new team so well :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Ahh I've had a couple of similar situations with friends this year - one that I realised simply wanted me for a "route in" to a particular scene, and actually all too often had zero interest in my achievements or issues, and another who I sort of got sucked into friendship with and when I stepped back and looked at the relationship I realised that in fact we had so little in common once one single thing was disregarded, that there was nothing else there as a basis and that in reality, I didn't like the person she had turned out to be. You're right - it is sad when that happens, but we change, others change, and sometimes we do just make poor choices I think. Life is better for acknowledging them and moving on, mostly.

That's a lovely thing for your new team to do for you as well - you must have made an excellent impression! :T
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • System
    Options
    Wise words EH and DIA , I have made myself quite ill over it all, to the point that I haven't had my granddaughter today. I just couldn't face anything , all silly really .

Anyway tomorrow is another day and I hope to babysit for my grandchildren tomorrow .

No money spent as haven't been anywhere.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Don't worry so much about the friend situation Cumbria, some friendships are not meant to last. Now you will have more space in your life for better and more meaningful friendships.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • System
    Options
    Thank you HHOD.

Have been pondering for an hour why I have to much money in my bills account. Transferred it to savings . Then walked in the kitchen and saw my road tax reminder on the notice board ! Need to transfer it back !

I seem to have bought my boots tonight with my birthday money , says they should be delivered to my local m@s food shop in the hospital across the road . We will see, would really like them for next weekend to travel in .

Just wrapped 2 presents for my DGS which have been stored here , that's me definitely done , I hope.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Glad you've bought something nice with your birthday money :).

How annoying about the car tax :mad:.

You're doing well with the presents. I've only wrapped two presents so far :eek:, I must get onto it tomorrow.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport