New Journey

Options

Comments

• 117pauline
    117pauline Posts: 743 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How could anyone not like orange smarties!
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Love orange smarties but not today.

Went to dentist yesterday, had X-rays she couldn't see anything untoward , she did a check up as was due anyway. Went on my merry way to work.

Should have been babysitting but that got cancelled . Went to Trafford Centre to pick my bracelet up that had gone for rethreading , they have given me a new one instead !

Roll on till 12.30am this morning, most excruciating toothache , painkillers just make it bearable , going to just turn up at dentist at opening time and sit and wait. I hope they can sort it out today .

I am good at pain , but this is horrible.

During the night , I have realised that I don't need a Fitbit it is a want , so am not bothering. Also all the extra spending last week and over Easter has had me delving in my EF . I know this is better than being on a credit card but I need to slow down on spends again.

Off to get dressed and try and clean my teeth .
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,224 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sounds like a sensible decision on the Fitbit, the challenges are not synchronising my steps and the fixes don't work so I am a bit anti currently.

Hope the dentists can squeeze you in. I always think teeth problems is the worse pain.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope the dentist can sort things out.
    Poor you :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • System
    Options
    Got seen at the dentist but was there forever , long story . Anyway I have been numbed, drilled etc. It may be that the problem is teeth grinding at night , causing sensitive teeth. Have got some good toothpaste to help. Just hoping for a good sleep tonight.

I am on soft food for the next couple of days. Am so glad I have seen sense again on the spending front , it feels better .
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad that dentist went as well as it could.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Sorry to hear you've had a rough time with your teeth - hopefully the toothpaste will start sorting you out. :(

You had a good result on the new bracelet though!:j

Glad you're feeling positive on the spending front as well.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I hope the dentist trip will sort the pain Cumbria.

If you don't have to have a Fitbit then it's a good idea to save the money, as you say it's a want rather than a need. Raiding the EF is always a worry so you'll feel better if you don't have to :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hope the teeth problems have settled down. Tooth pain is the worst! Take care.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • System
    Options
    Quick check in, tooth was awful yesterday, today has been fine. Hoping that it is getting better. Toothache is horrible.

Overslept yesterday morning, due to no sleep the night before , had to buy breakfast and lunch at work. Toast 75p soup 80p.

DGD and I had a NSD today so not so bad.

Early night , need to be leaving for Lakes for craft day at 7.30. Really looking forward to seeing my crafting friends.

Will catch up on diaries over the weekend.

Have a relaxing weekend.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport