PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Make do, Mend and Minimise in 2017

Options

Comments

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,093 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Make do: Tinned soup for lunch
    Mend - me: PIP assessment this morning
    Minimise- recycling moved to the recycling bin
  • Prinzessilein
    Options
    Hugs for you caronc....my PIP papers were sent off a week or so ago...hope your assessment went well!
  • caronc
    Options
    Hugs for you caronc....my PIP papers were sent off a week or so ago...hope your assessment went well!
    Thanks the woman I saw was very pleasant so hopefully whoever you see will be as well:)
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Evening all
    Have done
    Minimised a tumble dryer from mils to a work friend of Dh today.

To do
    Make an apron for dd3 to wear for book day on Thursday, she's going as belle. This is my project for the evening.

Mend.
    To do
    Promised someone at work I'll mend their coat do have put needle and cotton ready in my handbag and will do it during lunch break

Hope all are well and no one suffered to much storm damage
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Tiles fixed back to the wall and looking great .also fixed a couple of hooks that had fallen off with the same tile fixing stuff :) .I have a small list of DIY jobs now that I am going to work through. Nothing to difficult mainly the sort of thing that you think 'Oh I must fix that ' and then forget to do :) Its going to be a busy week I will get Dd to replace a couple of light bulbs for me though as I don't do standing on ladders, at my age that's just silly :) Old bones don't bounce, they just break, and there is enough of a shortage of beds in the NHS without me clogging them up.
    Nearly finished another linus trust charity blanket :) only one short edge to finish this morning.
    Hope you all have a great MMM day Just off to do my menu's for the week
    Cheers chums

JackieO xx
  • kboss2010
    kboss2010 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Make do: Using up leftovers from the freezer
    Mend: Took two pairs of too-long trousers to get taken up so they don't just sit in my cupboard
    Minimise: Food shopping spending this week - I'm using up things I have in the cupboard while I'm off work this week on holiday. We're storing stuff that we don't need or ever use so I want it gone.
    “I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. TappingI'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there~ LifehouseWhat’s fur ye will make go by ye… but also what’s not fur ye, ye can jist scroll on by!
  • caronc
    Options
    Make do: Slightly too ripe (for me) banana squished on toast
    Mend: Me - rehab exercises increased by one
    Minimise: In Box clear out continued
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Afternoon all
    Scrap man took the toaster off the front, we took the fridge down to the recycling tip.
    Belle apron made
    All mending done.
    Tub of frozen blackberries made into afterschool with some frozen puff pastry.
    Bag of hoodies going home with dd2 what she doesn't want can go to a CS near hers.

Hugs to all who need them and hope everyone is as well as can be.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • LizzieR
    LizzieR Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    Not much MMMing here at the moment. Just trying to mend me - cold relief capsules and hot ribena both being minimised though....!
    Also managed to ditch another box of paperwork into the recycling, so at least I've made a bit more space.

Have a good week everyone and wrap up warm, looks like we're in for a colder spell.
  • CAZBEAR
    CAZBEAR Posts: 554 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi all MMM'ers out there !
    Had a lovely day out yesterday,seeing an old friend and used up(minimised!) some vouchers so had a free(ish) lunch,with free puddings as there was a big delay in our order coming...which we hadn't noticed because we were talking so much !!:rotfl: Very pleased with that !!
    Today minimised the freezer stocks for a lazy day without much cooking so feeling well rested and ready for another week:).
    All the best to everyone
    Best headline ever on local paper??
    "Weight loss group doubles in size"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills