From debt to freedom...

Options

Comments

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,102 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I can't touch my toes so I haven't fallen for that one! :D

Try Googling 'runner's stretches, something like these or similar. Pay careful attention to not letting your knee go ahead of your toes on the hamstring one.

As you get more practice you might have to look up specific ones for areas that have a tendency to ache. HTH! :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Thank you Cherryfudge. I have looked at the stretches on the video clip so will give those a try tomorrow.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Did run 3 of week 1 last night. The last 2 runs have been round the local park so last night we went on the lanes nearest our home. I was pleasantly surprised by the distance we covered. I did have a 10 min warm up, mainly because there's a huge hill before the lane levels out. Remembered to stretch using the examples on the link, thanks Cherryfudge!
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    On the tax credit front, things have gone from uncertain to worse. I had 2 letters from them yesterday. One seemed to be a return which I filled in, signed and posted. The second was a letter to say that I'd been overpaid and now owe £5000.:eek: I rang up to try and work out how that had happened. Apparently I should have told them in October that the ex and I had separated. I did read the literature back then but it mentioned permanent separation. Since, at that time, I wasn't sure whether it was temp or permanent and I was worried that I couldn't prove separation because I didn't know where he was ( and still don't) I left it til renewal time when I thought I'd have a better idea. I am in the process of getting a judicial separation sorted which will be permanent and provable. So my mistake in not telling them sooner has cost £5000.:(:(
    The lady I spoke to said I'd received money I wasn't entitled to but I would have been entitled to it as a single parent surely? Yesterday I was in a huge panic about it all and couldn't think. It is so frustrating that I've been in a situation of being married to someone who wouldn't contribute to household expenses or children's costs, have got into debt because of it, have had to change and improve jobs to get out of debt and now am back into debt:(:(
  • MeandO
    MeandO Posts: 2,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    HSL, I am so sorry to hear of the troubles you are having. I would phone them back up though and try and speak to someone as you will be entitled to more as a single parent with one wage coming in, I know I was, it doesn't seem correct.
    I hope you get it all sorted soon, they are a nightmare to deal with. xx
    Mortgage @ 03/2019: £125K, Now: £66,970
    Mortgage OP's 2024: £738.03 Total OP’s: £8948.59
    SAVINGS: EF: £6923.98/£15,000 XMAS: £607.21 CAR/HOUSE: £550
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,102 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    What a nightmare. Hopefully they will have a rethink in the light of you being a single parent. Remember there's lots of support on here when you want someone to talk to. xx
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Can you speak to CAB? or a similar benefit advice service in your area?

I think tax credits now only backdate 'new' claim 3 months it maybe even less now. Although in certain circumstances it can be more! So while yes you'll have been overpaid on your 'joint' claim you will have been entitled on a single claim.

Hope this makes sense. But I'd definitely seek advice from somewhere
  • VelvetFreak
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your tax issues, HSL. Hope you are doing okay :)
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Thank you MeandO, Cherryfudge, HI and Velvet. I'm hoping the signed renewal form will have reached them today. Really struggle to understand why it's necessary when all the details are already on their computer system but there we go. I think I will try and ring them again this week to see if there is any more information. I've been trying to fight a rising sense of panic over the last couple of days.

Today I had to post off a order for DD2's uniform requirements. Apparently she won't be able to start her course if she doesn't have the uniform or equipment. Total cost = £205.
  • VelvetFreak
    Options
    Any more updates?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts