The SCAM supported by William Hurley, John Davies of the IPC/Gladstones

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
2 replies 1.6K views
beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
17.6K Posts
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭✭
The SCAM supported by William Hurley, John Davies of the IPC/Gladstones

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/heath-parade-graham-park-way-scam-site.html
RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS
DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR

Replies

• bargepolebargepole Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Prankster's suggested wording for the Defence statement looks strangely familiar .. I'm trying to think where I've seen it before.

Exactly the same system operates at Hayes & Harlington railway station approach - a road which looks like part of the highway, but is actually private, and by the time anyone has stopped to read the sign, a PCM (UK) goon (no sunglasses) has leapt out of the shadows and photographed the vehicle.

A few cases have been to court, all thrown out by Judges as baseless claims, and now the worm is turning and motorists are starting to file counterclaims, or new claims, for the clear breaches of the DPA perpetrated by PCM, jointly and severally with the landowner, named as second defendant in some cases.

I wonder how many of these at £250 a pop (more in some cases) it will take before this scam becomes unprofitable?

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 51, lost 13), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • CastleCastle Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    bargepole wrote: »
    I wonder how many of these at £250 a pop (more in some cases) it will take before this scam becomes unprofitable?
    Given that PCM(UK) are fully aware of the "scam" maybe the claim should be more than £250 to include aggravated damages as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals