We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

The Jumbo January NSD Challenge!

Options

Comments

• marmiterulesok
    Options
    AND:
    jaxsmar 4 taggg4.jpg

ab_saver 5 taggg4.jpg

Well done you two!!! :j:j
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    Don't be silly, marmite, Chef must have made a spelling mistake when he wrote out the menu! A moose would be far too big for the fridge!

No, he definitely meant to write "chocolate mouse".

I mean, the whiskers are a dead giveaway........

Oh,silly me...of course.You know how Cheffie mumbles (when he's not borking away and blasting the local wildlife to smithereens with his boom boom)....

Did everyone enjoy their chocolate mouse last night.Well done Igor,on the raspberry and fennel coulis.Truly inspired.
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    ab_saver wrote: »
    Today makes NSD #11 and my 5th in a row - so I've met that part of my target. Tomorrow will be a spend day because I've run out of milk...

Could the buying of milk not be seen as an allowed spend/emergency spend?Especially if it's the only thing you need to buy.
    It's great to have powdered milk in the house too btw.
    Munchin wrote: »
    It helps not having money or going near shop:)

Quite.It does make this nsd malarkey a doddle. :cool:
    yasmin2 wrote: »
    Declaring NSD 9 for yesterday and NSD 10 for today. Late start at work today and no plans to leave the house until leaving for work and will be taking a packed meal for work.

Just saw this.I've already included today's nsd in your total.

No pressure. :)
  • Captain_Bluebear
    Options
    Afternoon all!

Not signed in for a week or so sorry but I am checking in with my 6th, 7th and 8th NSD for the last three days!

so thats 8/12 NSD

I hope everyone's week is going well!

Blue
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,954 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    & no 14 today :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • SkintTeacher
    SkintTeacher Posts: 340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 17 January 2017 at 8:38PM
    Options
    11/10 today - going to continue and try to double this by the end of the month - addictive challenge!
  • SkintTeacher
    Options
    Thank you! Thank you! It's been so fun! Yep, raising my target to 20 (may be a bit over-ambitious but a great challenge. It was my first time on this challenge so I had no idea what I was able to do!)

Thanks for the support. Love the thread.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,954 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great that the thread has been helpful SkintTeacher :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Jonesy88
    Jonesy88 Posts: 959 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Checking in with progress; up to NSD 7 :)
    :rudolf: DF by Xmas 2018: #83 £8,250/£15,000 55% :rudolf:
    SPC 7: #135 :staradmin | MFW 9.72% | Groceries: £6.49/£80 | Exercise 0/20 | NSDs 0/15
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    The Nargle has reached target today! 12 NSDs in the bag!

Now, shall I increase my target?

Yep, make that a revised target of 16 please, marmite!
    One life - your life - live it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family