Is there an actual UK based Prepaid Credit Card site?

Options
Yeah. Is there an actual UK based Prepaid Credit Card site?

I've just discovered Pockit and browsing the site, its UK consumer focused with its promotions, and I thought the site has to be UK based. I was saddened to learn however the site Pockit is based in the States unless Norton has that wrong?

Comments

• PeacefulWaters
    Options
    Yeah
    What is the point of your opening word?
  • concernedSaver
    Options
    What do you mean by "UK based"? Are you looking for a UK-regulated e-money services company? For a UK-incoporated company? Or are you looking for a company whose datacenters are located within the UK?
  • Wondering_Grizzly
    Options
    What is the point of your opening word?

Grammar nazis. Contribute on the subject matter only or keep off the thread.
  • Wondering_Grizzly
    Options
    What do you mean by "UK based"? Are you looking for a UK-regulated e-money services company? For a UK-incoporated company? Or are you looking for a company whose datacenters are located within the UK?

My card was declined because according to the retailer, my card was issued in Malta which is where Entropay's web servers are based, and I'm from the UK. Entropay is the other Prepaid credit card I've been using. The retailer has informed me in the past hour they can override this security feature if I contact them within 24 hours, so no matter.
  • Chapuys
    Chapuys Posts: 156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hmm.... Pockit looks UK enough.

Pockit
    FCA Registration Information
    FCA Registration Number:
    Address: 37 Warren Street London WIT6AD UNITED KINGDOM
    Phone: +44 02074998818
    Email: virraj@pockit.com

Companies House
    Name: POCKIT LIMITED
    Company number: 07157877
    Registered office address: 37 Warren Street, London, W1T 6AD
    Company status: Active
    Company type: Private limited Company
    Pockit Limited (FCA registration number 900514) is registered
    as an agent of Wirecard Card Solutions Ltd (“WDCS”) pursuant to a licence by MasterCard International Inc.

So lets go via Wirecard...

Wirecard Solutions Limited
    FCA Registration Information
    FCA Registration Number: 900051
    Address: 3rd Floor Grainger Chambers 3-5 Hood Street Newcastle Upon Tyne NE16JQ UNITED KINGDOM
    Phone: 0191227 5450
    Email: t-jennings@wirecard.com

Companies House
    Name: WIRECARD CARD SOLUTIONS LIMITED
    Company number: 07875693
    Registered office address: Third Floor Grainger Chambers 3-5 Hood Street Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 6JQ
    Company status: Active
    Company type: Private limited Company
    Anything I say in no way constitutes financial advice and anything you do is your own decision.
  • PeacefulWaters
    Options

I just wondered.

Sorry if I've upset you.

Yeah.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

Bit aggressive aren't you? You're not going to last long on here unless you moderate your attitude, people will simply decline to respond to your threads if you carry on like this.

And by the way, you have no control over who does or does not post on this or any other thread.
  • concernedSaver
    Options
    My card was declined because according to the retailer, my card was issued in Malta which is where Entropay's web servers are based, and I'm from the UK. Entropay is the other Prepaid credit card I've been using

That's an unusual "security" feature. I have a debit card issued in Germany for my German bank account, while I'm a UK resident born elsewhere in Europe, why would that be an issue? Never had any problem with the usual e-retailers and with the major payment processors. What retailer is it?

Besides that, any prepaid card reviewed here on MSE should be UK enough for such security checks.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Is there an actual UK based Prepaid Credit Card site?
    At the risk of being accused of being a fully paid up member of the Third Reich, there is no such thing as a prepaid credit card, as the entire essence of a prepaid card is that the provider isn't supplying any credit....

Try http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/prepaid-cards (even though the URL perpetuates the misnomer!)
  • What's all this?
    I just wondered.

Sorry if I've upset you.

Yeah.

Awe. No need to be sorry if you really are it makes no difference to me. Really, you've caused no offence. I was just miffed an inexperienced customer service agent gave me wrong info - basically stating there's nothing they could do to override it? And having to make expensive phone calls to confirm my identity and the fact I made payment? You just happen caught me at a bad moment. I wanted the issue sorted, its been driving me nuts and I naively thought a solution was posted when I saw the mail....
    agrinnall wrote: »
    Bit aggressive aren't you? You're not going to last long on here unless you moderate your attitude, people will simply decline to respond to your threads if you carry on like this.

And by the way, you have no control over who does or does not post on this or any other thread.

7th post in as many years? Mmm... :) I had subscribed to the thread via email and checking the update link, at the time I had thought I'd see an answer..... like I've already mentioned before.

Peaceful waters. No ripples. Yeah? C'mon. :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport