Leaving TalkTalk - check for refund

Options
Left TalkTalk for the recent Sky with prepaid Mastercard offer.

'Just happened' to check my TalkTalk account to see what my final bill was and there was £10 credit lying on the account because I'd paid for the month and left mid-month.

If you'd like TalkTalk to refund you this money please click here

Too right I would like it refunded; if I hadn't checked the account would they have kept it?

The moral is always check final accounts! :rotfl: :money:
A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.

Comments

• ERICS_MUM
    ERICS_MUM Posts: 3,579 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The cheek of it ! Bet whoever thought up that little trick got a good bonus !
  • fromdusktilldawn
    Options
    Yes, always check. And check again if they threaten you with a termination charge that you should not have to pay (if you are leaving because they put the prices up, as I did). Online chat and telephone complaints are useless. Write your complaint and send to the CEO Office, you are more likely to get some action.
  • TalkTalk
    TalkTalk Posts: 1,948 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Owain

Sorry to hear that you have left us! You can request the refund following My Account. You would have received a bill advising of the credit if you hadn’t seen this :)

Thanks
    Abbie
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Owain

Sorry to hear that you have left us! You can request the refund following My Account. You would have received a bill advising of the credit if you hadn’t seen this :)

Thanks
    Abbie
    He obviously didn't get the advice and why should a customer have to request a refund of money they're owned ? It doesn't exactly encourage new custom.
  • moremore
    moremore Posts: 518 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Owain

Thanks
    Abbie
    I left talk talk as my number was given out and my local authority (in local news) sacked 4 staff for give out vulnerable people information. Has data issues been resolved please.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure