11 years a slave - end of my journey from £103,500 in debt

Options

Comments

• MJhami59
    MJhami59 Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just stumbled across this post and it's quite inspirational really!

How much are you able to save a month now you are debt free? I bet you're loving life!
  • flash88
    Options
    Thank you for this inspirational story.

I have found myself in a £60k hole and having been advised to shut down limited company to write some of it off, I refused - my goal is to now reach the similar situation as yourself as being able to say I'm debt free.

Long way to go on my journey, but thanks for proving it isn't impossible.
  • Sky_
    Sky_ Posts: 605 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    nsomnia wrote: »
    I only read the title of this and already my blood is boiling. I have £3000 and can not get any more. The £3000 of debt I have is at the highest possible APR (some in the 1000s). The repayment ensures I need to reborrow the money each month and I am stuck in a trap. How the f**** does someone ring up 100k of debt. Ive been a slave for 15 years, if i got a loan of 100k well, at least 80k of it wouldn't have even been spent. When i go home tonight and can't feed my kids you have to realise you are responsible for it.

Sentientpoet did really well to pay off all his debt. I think it's a really impressive story.
    2022. 2% MF challenge. £730/3000
  • AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    nsomnia wrote: »
    When i go home tonight and can't feed my kids.

I would suggest feeding your kids takes priority over servicing any loans
  • Working_Mum
    Working_Mum Posts: 559 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    nsomnia
    there are loads of diaries of people who are in exactly your situation and are taking practical steps out.

The thread you are posting on isn't really a place for you to share your story.
    Consider reading the Debt Free Diaries threads or start your own thread and you'll find really wonderful support to help you move forward.

((hugs))

WM
  • Abbsjr
    Abbsjr Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    This was just so damn inspiring, I felt a nice breeze of fresh air just going through my chest as I read this, I'm so glad I did.
    I lived my life in a dream man..
    Waking up and realizing I was/am that person..
    Was one of the most shameful things I've ever felt, constantly overestimating myself as if I was a robot.
    Thanks man, I feel much better since I only owe a bout a half of what you do,
    Feels great to know that, I'll get there one day, I wish you were more specific with numbers and what you were able to do with terrible salary at the beginning to enjoy life's little luxuries.

If there's a link to someone who has please send me or pm or email me I've never used a forum before haha,

That's right, this article was so deep I had to make an account and probably now gonna join this movement thanks to it, crazy to think that 15 minutes ago I thought debt free wannabes was the lamest thing I read but I guess my state of mind was just.. Ugh God what is happening
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Abbsjr wrote: »
    This was just so damn inspiring, I felt a nice breeze of fresh air just going through my chest as I read this, I'm so glad I did.
    I lived my life in a dream man..
    Waking up and realizing I was/am that person..
    Was one of the most shameful things I've ever felt, constantly overestimating myself as if I was a robot.
    Thanks man, I feel much better since I only owe a bout a half of what you do,
    Feels great to know that, I'll get there one day, I wish you were more specific with numbers and what you were able to do with terrible salary at the beginning to enjoy life's little luxuries.

If there's a link to someone who has please send me or pm or email me I've never used a forum before haha,

That's right, this article was so deep I had to make an account and probably now gonna join this movement thanks to it, crazy to think that 15 minutes ago I thought debt free wannabes was the lamest thing I read but I guess my state of mind was just.. Ugh God what is happening

The snowball calculator could be a way to start

http://www.whatsthecost.com/

Click on debt reduction and it's pretty self explanatory.

It allows you to play around with the money you have spare and shows you how to pay debt off the best way for you and calculates everything for you.

Might be worth a look
    Good luck on your journey
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • guesswho2000
    guesswho2000 Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer
    Options
    Wow, that debt is almost what my first house cost! Very well done to the OP, and wish them all the best going forward, I expect they've got a lot more spare $ now!!
  • thewad
    thewad Posts: 330 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    On my last year of nearly £85,000.
    9 years in total...thank you StepChange for your help.
    And myself for a bit of creative accounting at times.
    If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat. :beer::beer:
  • Dot.007
    Dot.007 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    It gives hope, really, thanks a lot
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business