11 years a slave - end of my journey from £103,500 in debt

Options

Comments

• Nocredit67
    Options
    Wow that’s truely encouraging. Makes feel a lot better. I was disheartened when coming to do review that after starting dmp 3 years ago with just over £41,000 of debt I’d only got it down to just short of £29,000. But you’ve truly inspired me and my debt is now a river rather than the ocean it was. I will be debt free by hook or crook in no more than 3 years! Well done.
  • Teacher2
    Teacher2 Posts: 546 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    My goodness me, what an inspirational post. How many people wallowing in debt would benefit from reading this? You have focussed on the nitty gritty here: truth, reality, will power and self denial and have identified the true goals: freedom and independence. 'Stuff' has nothing to appeal like autonomy.

Well done.

I do note from your posts that your excellent level of written English and accuracy of expression denote that you are of above average intelligence so perhaps added maturity and experience were always going to see you right in the long term.
  • MarrtyGH1369
    Options
    Congratulations on your journey and on being debt free. If only such extensive debt wasn't so easy to fall in to!
  • Cottage_Economy
    Options
    What an amazing achievement. You rock! :T
  • Owen1991
    Owen1991 Posts: 70 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That's amazing, enjoy living debt free :)
    2021 - £11250 Saved || 2020 - £4750 Saved || 2019 - £4000 Saved || 2018 - £9000 Saved
  • Simon1964
    Options
    Wow, I thought I must have owed the most ever, nearly £60k. Next month will be my last payment on my DMP after 7 years of struggle. Ironically I'm completely new to this forum but great to read other success stories! I may post one myself soon... Congratulations ☺️
  • Distiller72
    Options
    Congratulations. I hope to join you in being debt free (apart from mortgage) in 2018
  • uphillstruggler
    Options
    Brilliant story. You are a true inspiration. All the best for 2018 to you.
    Emergencies account: £500/500
  • Sassers
    Sassers Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    We'll all get there on our DFW journey - just keep plodding through it all. I've had redundancy, death, car accident - all sorts of lifes up and downs but I will not give up. And sometimes you empty the lake with a teaspoon and other times with a water pump!
    Current debt and mortgage: £25, 820.35 Debt/Mortgage at start: £92,598 (27/09/2010)
    DEBT FREE!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    As a newbie starting out on my own journey to being debt free, this post has really inspired me and given me a lot of hope.
    I read something the other day (which coincidentally is my reason for joining this forum today) which read 'when someone dies, their debts die with them' and realising how hard it hit me that I thought at times that might be my only way out.

Thank you so much for your post - I will be coming back to read it quite often.

Luna
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport