Legend!!!

What am incredible journey.

Wishing you a prosperous 2018.
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    sourcrates wrote: »
    I'm glad some of you have recently re-commented on this post from 2016, I don't normally resurrect old posts, but in my opinion, this deserves to be read by all, I doubt much will surpass it in terms of raw determination and effort.

Its so good, and serves as such an inspiration to others, that I have decided to make it a sticky, so every user, newbie or old hand, can gain some benefit from it.

Thanks again to "sencientpoet" for such a brilliant post.

Thank you Sourcrates

I have this in my subscribed and read it often. I also share it with others that are in the same boat as me and are losing motivation or feel there is no way out
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • IreneCWP
    Options
    Wow. Just wow. Now breath and move forward with your life. A little older but a hell of a lot wiser. I wish you all the luck in the world my friend.
    £2 Savers Club 2018 no 7 - £200 Target :j £74 of £200 so far

£12K in 2018 - £12000 Target :j £203.50 of £12000 so far

£1 a day Xmas 2018 - £400 Target £136.93 of £400 so far :beer:
  • jayII
    jayII Posts: 40,693 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you to debtaghh for bumping this. It is an amazing and very inspiring story!

I, like many others, am hoping to become fully free of unsecured debt this year.

I know I will struggle to avoid frivolous or mindless spending after a hard day/week at work, but reading posts and threads like sentientpoet's very determined and single-minded debt busting story will be a huge help in keeping myself on the straight and narrow of using money carefully and wisely, every every single day!

Sentientpoet, I hope the rest of your life is amazing and very happy. Thank you for sharing your amazing story!
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] Fighting the biggest battle of my life. :( Started 30th January 2018.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
  • Choccygirl123
    Choccygirl123 Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wow...I have no words! You’re an inspiration and should be so proud of yourself. You’ve faced your debts when most would have taken an easier way out! Good luck with the savings. I have no doubt that you will achieve your goals.

Congratulations x
    Finally Debt Free 24/4/2023 
  • Suseka97
    Suseka97 Posts: 1,562 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I too go back to this post time and again for its inspirational words and proof that with will and determination anyone can dig themselves out of the big, dark, black hole of debt. 2018 will be the end of my debt story and I hope the OP is enjoying every moment of debt-freedom.
  • Determined89
    Options
    This post is all that I have needed to give me the inspiration that I need to achieve a debt free status. Life can deal you some sh*tty cards sometimes and how you manage those cards is what can make all of the difference. I, too, have found myself in a situation whereby I have debts which have gone to creditors and it got to a point where I felt that it was out of control. I now have myself in a better position financially, but I am still not in control of the debts.I am doing my best though, as I am determined to get the debts paid off by paying back every penny that I owe. Posts like this prove that it can be done, and has helped me become hopeful. Thank you and a huge congratulations to you.
  • Littlebigmoose
    Options
    Wow. A huge Well done. So very inspiring. Enjoy a fully debt free life. You deserve it!
    #7... 3 - 6 month Emergency Fund Challenge (part 2)
    #25... 2024 Cash Envelope (or online) Saving Challenge

• kiyamr2
    kiyamr2 Posts: 88 Forumite
    Options
    I cried reading that... Well done you...inspires hope for me and others.x
    :T
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Great idea to make this a sticky so more people can be inspired by it. Truly awsome.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport