2017 - A year of change and positivity

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning!

Thanks Bobarella - its was very unexpected as it felt awful! I'll take it tho!

So, I've had a couple more sales on eBay, just totalled it up and I've managed to pay off £84 since payday last week!!!! This has all been through decluttering. I'm very conscious my eBay stash won't last forever, but need to put it to good use while I can. The very account now stands at a tickle over £200, £166 is interest free until July so if I can get to this figure by end of the month, it means I can split it out at £41.50 per month for the remaining months and move back to tackling cc3.

Off for a quick run before work. I have so much time owing and can only claim 7 days a year! I'm already nearly a day up having claimed back a day last week, so I'm making the conscious effort to work a few shorter days so I don't loose the time.

Right best look lively! Have a good day x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning!
    Nice day out and about yesterday with OH and DS - had a few errands to run and food shopping. Went completely OTT again with the food shop so need to rein this in for the rest of the month.

Weighed in at SW yesterday - another 1 lb on :mad:. Need to get this back under control again. I'm currently 5lb over my target range. Would be great to get this gone by the end of the month. FOCUS!!!!

Another £5 sale to pay off Very. I've plugged a few figures in to my spreadsheet and it is possible (albeit tight) for me to have Cc3 and Very paid off my the end of June. I can do this!!!

First 10k race today - have to say I'm a little scared! The weather forecast doesn't look to kind either :( but I'll get round it one way or another!
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hope your race went well!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks Bobarella! Race was very very wet and muddy! But, it appears rain is good for running and eBay sales! Managed to shave 3 minutes off my 10k PB, meaning I completed in under an hour and had £24 eBay sales, so £24 off Very account. Quite a successful for a miserable Sunday!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning!
    I'm heading into work later today - have an all day meeting at another site, so going to take advantage and do a short day. I've far too much time owing to me and due to my part time hours can only claim a day every other month. Any excess I lose. So going to make the most of it and pop out for a quick 5k before heading to the horses.

Another £10 sale and another £10 paid off Very. I miscalculated, it's actually £160 that's interest free (they charge interest on delivery!!!) so I'm now £9.19 away from just having the interest free remaining. Will hopefully pay that off via ebay before month end. Once this paid, any extra sales will sit as a buffer until the end of the month and then I'll pay any left over off cc3 - which will be my next victim!!!

In desperate need of doing a car boot - I've got so many baby clothes to sort through! Hopefully with spring peeping round the corner I can have a good clear out and get things shifted. 2017 the year of the mass declutter!!!!

2017 has really been full of bad news so far. I've heard of three local young families with a parent terminally ill, a friend's have had her relationship turn very nasty and literally had to build life back up from scratch and various other bits - just makes you realise how prescious life is and not to take it for granted. Makes me all the more determined to sort out this debt and ensure that I'm giving my little one the best possible life along the way. Life's about memories not material goods.

Have a fantastic day x x x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning!
    One eBay sale of £9.99 means Very is now interest free! Will pay £40 a month for the next 4 months and it'll be gone :T Focus will now return to paying off cc3.

Need to get a few more bits listed on eBay. I'm hoping little one will have a nap after playgroup and free me up an hour to do it - fingers crossed. Also need to pop into town to get a friend's birthday pressie, so hopefully today's plan will be horses/ dogs, playgroup, eBay, town, run, horses, bed! That's the plan anyhow!!!

Getting a wee bit nervous about the half marathon -I did have a plan to run to, and although I've run the right amount of longer runs I'm still doubting my ability to do this. Ideally need two more long runs (10.5 miles) - will do one this weekend, but have a 10k next weekend and the weekend after that is the weekend before the race :eek: will try and sneak a 8.5 in mid week I think.

Right better get moving! Have a good day :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning!
    Been absent for a few days, but for once is not necessarily due to things going wrong financially! I guess life's just gotten in the way a wee bit! Things are ticking over quite nicely at the mo (no wanting to tempt fate!). I've had a £9 eBay sale and literally as I'm typing this had a £15 one. Not touching the money from these for the minute, as want to make sure we're still in an ok position this time next week i.e. the countdown to payday!

Need to make the minimum payment to cc3 - my new focus now Very is interest free.

Managed a 12 mile run over the weekend - I'm still paying for it now :( my thighs are feeling quite sore! Ideally need a 4 and 6 mile this week but think I'll leave it until tomorrow before I attempt anything!

Right best crack on - have a good day x
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well done on your run time. Always nice to get it a bit faster. It sounds really sad about the people you know who are very ill. It must be hideous for the family.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It's payday :T:T:T:T:j
    So here are the scores on the doors

Cc1 was £5370.74 now £5270.74 (-£100)
    Cc2 was £910 now £889.53 (-£20.47)
    Cc3 was £611.90 now £593.82 (-£18.08)
    Next was £0 now £0
    Very was £288.25 now £159.74 (-£128.51)
    OD was £463.82 now £476.33 (+12.51)

Total was £7644.71 now £7390.16 (-£254.55)

Not the best month ever but overall things are moving in the right direction and lets face it, 4 months like that and £1k is paid off. So not too bad I guess - I'm just impatient!!!!

Very *should* now be interest free until July, so this will paid off in 4 equal chunks. Focus will now be Cc3.

I've sorted a load more stuff for eBay so need to make time to get these listed.

My half is next weekend and I've not run since doing a 10k on Sunday. Been feeling generally grotty. Plan is for 4/5 miles today, 9/10 on Sunday and then 1 x 10k and 1x 5k next week. Fingers crossed all goes according to plan. Beginning to have serious doubts about it and this horrible chesty cold isn't helping matters :mad:.

Have a good day x
  • clearmydebts
    clearmydebts Posts: 6,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Seabiscuit wrote: »
    It's payday :T:T:T:T:j
    So here are the scores on the doors

Cc1 was £5370.74 now £5270.74 (-£100)
    Cc2 was £910 now £889.53 (-£20.47)
    Cc3 was £611.90 now £593.82 (-£18.08)
    Next was £0 now £0
    Very was £288.25 now £159.74 (-£128.51)
    OD was £463.82 now £476.33 (+12.51)

Total was £7644.71 now £7390.16 (-£254.55)

Not the best month ever but overall things are moving in the right direction and lets face it, 4 months like that and £1k is paid off. So not too bad I guess - I'm just impatient!!!!

Very *should* now be interest free until July, so this will paid off in 4 equal chunks. Focus will now be Cc3.

I've sorted a load more stuff for eBay so need to make time to get these listed.

My half is next weekend and I've not run since doing a 10k on Sunday. Been feeling generally grotty. Plan is for 4/5 miles today, 9/10 on Sunday and then 1 x 10k and 1x 5k next week. Fingers crossed all goes according to plan. Beginning to have serious doubts about it and this horrible chesty cold isn't helping matters :mad:.

Have a good day x

Well done! It's all heading downwards and that's the main thing :)
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business