Options

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    That's great Seabiscuit!!!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks Bobarella, very bitter sweet as in an ideal world he'd still be here and it'd be another chunk off the debt. But, at least the bills been taken care of without to much stress. Dad's in no immediate rush for the money he lent me for the cremation costs so will cheap away at them over the course of the next year or so x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning!
    Had a productive couple of days. A few more eBay sales means I have £55 towards the next vets bill, so 25% out of the way. Vet came yesterday, all went well and the wee ones were very well behaved for a change. Had a chat with him regarding the claim form too, so will get that completed and sent off.

Sat down and meal planned for the week. Feel better for having done it. Really need to get back on track with SW as my weights creeping back up. The timing for my current group isn't working for me tho, so need to have a look for other local groups and take it from there.

Running has also taken a back seat, which I'm so annoyed at myself for. Think after the half, I suffered a massive confidence crash as it took so much more out of me than I ever expected and I've struggled since. That combined with everything that's happened in the last few weeks means my hearts just not been in it. I'm entered in a local 5 miler next weekend and really need to drag my self out for a couple of runs between now and then.

Lots of errands to run today....
    1. Post parcels
    2. Pick Ned meds up and pay bill
    3. Submit meter readings (and keep fingers crossed the bill moves in the right direction!!!)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning!
    Not a massive amount to report here. I managed a 5 mile run yesterday in the rain and I loved it! I think I have my mojo back! Will get out a couple more times ahead of the 5 miler next weekend. Hopefully with my rediscovered love if running my weight should also start to come down. Currently sat at 1 stone over where I want to be :mad: - will meal plan for the coming week later.

The claim form has gone to the vet to complete. He was fairly confident that they should pay out so fingers crossed. If that is the case what I owe my Dad should be covered, except for the odd £50.

Right haven't really got a lot to say so I'm signing off for now. Have a good day :beer:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Eek! My poor diary's been badly neglected. And if anything the last fortnights proven I desperately need it to keep me on the straight and narrow. We're now in the final week before payday and money is tight.... completely took my eye off the ball this month and I'm gutted about it. I've taken to spending (and eating) to cheer myself up after losing my big lad. I realise that both are completely counter productive as are just going to make me feel worse in the long run.......

So onwards and upwards. 7 days to survive before the start of a new financial month. Rather than eating and spending my way through next month, I'm going to run and exercise my way through it. I've entered another half marathon in September and I'm determined to finish that one feeling better about it than I did last time.

This weekend is going to be all about planning. Meal planning, training planning, goal planning (things we want to do as a family, home improvements, personal goals, birthdays and Christmas pressies) and creating a huge to do list!!! Will feel so much better once things are planned out and written down rather than having them whirling round my head all the time. Sounds daft I know, but if it helps then so what!

Got a couple of eBay parcels to send today, so will pop out at lunch to sort those.

Right best get the woofs walked. Have a good day x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Pay day at last! I do love payday, it fills me full of MSE enthusiasm - just need to keep it going through the entire month instead of the first few days!

So scores on the doors.....

Cc1 was £5756.20 now £5606.20 (-£150)
    Cc2 was £869.52 now £849..52 (-£20.00)
    Cc3 was £0.00 now £0.00 (-£0.00)
    OD was £1028.95 now £1015.28 (-£13.67)
    Very was £165.73 now £125.73 (-£40.00)

Total was £7820.40 now £7596.73 (-£223.67)

Heading in the right direction, although still so annoyed as I know we're still wasting a lot of money :mad:

At the minute, it's the OD that's making me feel uncomfortable. It's taken a big rise due to my car insurance mess up, so really need to target that as priority. Plan was to have it a £200 by end of June - not going to happen!!!
    So time for a new 3 month plan....
    By the end of August OD will be <£500, Very will be £0

Got a rare morning at home alone, so have loads of jobs to tackle!!!
    1. Fix wardrobe and put clothes away
    2. Batch cook for DS
    3. Post parcels
    4. Hoover downstairs (at least)
    5. Clean kitchen

There's loads more to do but need to be realistic :rotfl:

Have a good day.....
  • Super_Kate
    Super_Kate Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning Seabiscuit.

I've just discovered MSE and your diary and a lot of your struggles with weight and spending resonate with me. Sorry about the loss of your horse. I used to have horses as a teenager so completely understand. Ill be subscribing to your diary.

Super_Kate
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi Super Kate - thanks for stopping by.

So first with the bad news - insurance are refusing to pay out for the big lads claim - grrrr :mad: Not completely unexpected but it's another £750 debt I could do without. I've weighed up the pros and cons and have also cancelled insurance for the other two. Just gutted I didn't take the decision years ago, but you live and learn. I'll be saving the money that would have been paying the insurance to cover any vets bills.

In slightly better news, I've just swapped our utilities as our current deal was coming to an end. Only saving £5 a month, but should hopefully get £62 in cashback.

Very account, I've made a payment of £51 from eBay sales. This brings it down to £74.73. This is interest free until 17th July, so will chip away at it between now and then.

Few errands to run today - mainly sorting birthday and Father's Day gifts, going to be some spends. Got a few birthdays coming up this month, most are sorted but just need wrapping.

Need to meal plan to try and keep our food bill down for the rest of the month and to keep my eating under control :rotfl: Think keeping a food diary is the way forward. Really want to avoid paying out for slimming world again if I can.

Anyways have a good day x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning!
    We've had a lovely couple of days, very busy, slightly spendy but good fun non the less. Looking forward to a quieter day today!

Had a nasty shock a couple of days ago. I had a letter through to say that an account I haven't used since before Christmas was overdrawn. I'd only used this account for saving for and buying Xmas shopping and haven't touched it since. Logged on to find it was £149.50 overdrawn :eek::eek::eek: This appeared to stem from a £3.99 debit card transaction that took me overdrawn- this was repaid the next day!!! They'd charged me daily overdraft usage fees for 6 months before notifying me :mad: Fortunately, I've emailed them and they have agreed to refund the fees. Won't be making that mistake again!

In other news OH car has needed 2 unbudgetted for tyres. We now have £170 to find to save undoing the good work done so far on the OD :mad:

Also need to start planning for Christmas - I've got bits put aside for friends that I've picked up through the year, but could do with saving for immediate family gifts. It's an expensive finish to the year, with DS birthday, 2x MOT and services and one set of pony jabs. Best get planning.

Right have a good day, I need to spring into action :rotfl:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning!
    Had a busy, funpacked weekend with my little family (was reasonably low spend too which was a bonus!). Saturday I did parkrun in the morning and we went to the park for a few hours in the afternoon. Yesterday was the race for life which I ran with little man in the running buggy (my bargain carboot buy of £5 and hopefully going to be key in getting me back into some sort of shape!). So all in all a great weekend, just a shame Mondays come round so quickly.

Still trying to plug then hole left by the tyres with eBay sales. Not going too bad but I still suspect I'm going to be a bit down. Two weeks until pay day and counting.......

Did a quick stock take of the pressie box and checked off against my list. Managed to get a couple more bits using my boots and Tesco points. 3 birthdays this month, 5 next month plus 2 birthday parties :eek: The 3 this month and 3 for next are sorted so just need to get organised for the rest!

Right best get some eBay parcels packaged up before little man gets up!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure