Completely Crazy Clothes Challenge 2017

Options

Comments

• Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    £2 on clothes at Sainsbobs. Did the double up to get a £20 voucher and my 4 items of clothes came to £22. They were in the sale, so the full retail price would have been £64! I'm very happy with that :D

I think my total for the year is £61.86
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • FrugalWeirdo83
    Options
    Hi could I join please? I want to stop buying clothes for a year as I have too many and it's a bad habit
    Sealed pot challenge 196
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi could I join please? I want to stop buying clothes for a year as I have too many and it's a bad habit

Sure, I've given you number 39.

We'll be moving into 2018 soon enough, so do come and join us in the new challenge once it's up and running.

Good luck
  • try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    Options
    I have bought myself a coat from CS costing £10 and a couple of small bits making a grand total of £30 ,i dont think i will buy anything else this year now , i am more than happy with this amount ,at last one challenge i have done well in
  • *Jellie*
    *Jellie* Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    *Jellie* wrote: »
    I'm in again please. My rules for this year
    1) only buy from charity shops or make clothes.
    2) budget £200 plus any money made selling clothes. Budget to include material, wool, patterns and purchases from CS.
    3) intentional shopping only! Plan capsule wardrobe for each season, make list of items that will need replacing or that I would like to make (including style silhouette and colours want). Only buy in CS if item completely matches something on my list or can be refashioned immediately to do so!
    4) accurately track and report spending!
    I think that is everything

I’m sneaking in with my tail between my legs to do an update before I start afresh next year!
    1. I did mainly buy from CS or make clothes but I ended up replacing several jumpers and buying lots of new thermals
    2. Completely blew the budget with the new clothes but also spent too much on fabric. On the plus side my fabric stash should last me a while- just need to not buy any more and use what I have!
    3. Was more intentional with buying fabric and from cs. I was much better at only buying from list in cs and I virtually stopped buying anything to refashion as the reality is when I get time to sew I am making new clothes not refashioning.
    4. Once again attempted several times this year with different methods and didn’t stick at it. I think this is a key habit for me- if I can crack this I think everything else would follow.
    I get the deja vu feeling of having lots of good intentions in December and then fading!
    2019 fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • FiscalPickle
    Options
    Hi, can I please join the 2018 challenge? My budget for the year is £300 with the following conditions:-
    January - April must be no spend months
    I get an extra £50 for every half stone I shed, up to a max. of an extra £150

Thanks! :T
    £20k debt paid off, now saving for mortgage deposit
    In the process of shedding 42lbs
  • Florence_J
    Options
    Bought 2 sports bra's today as the ones I had were rubbish to begin with and have only gotten worse over time.

Spent £38.40, had a 20% saving of £9.60.

I will have to look up the exact 2017 total spends but I know it is slightly less than £100.
  • Kim_13
    Options
    Hi, can I please join the 2018 challenge? My budget for the year is £300 with the following conditions:-

Hi FiscalPickle

I'm yet to start 2018's thread but I have bookmarked your post and will add you as soon as I do.

Good luck with the challenge and have a happy Christmas and New Year :)

Kim
  • Kim_13
    Options

Hi FiscalPickle

I've now added you to 2018's challenge.

The challenge thread can be found here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5766230

Kim
  • Florence_J
    Options
    My total spends this year on clothes, most of which happened this month come to £147.30 in total.

From the best of my memory it consisted of:

Black Jeans
    3 x White Shirts
    2 x Skirts
    Sweater vest
    Cardigan
    2 x Dresses
    Tights
    4 x Bras
    2 x Sports Bras
    Denim Jacket
    Rain Mac
    Vest Top
    2 x Pairs of Shoes

I also collected 10 items for free at a swishing party.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family