Request for new section

Can we sectionate the thread so that there is a
"registration required" thread

and a

"no Registration required" thread

I think that would work well. just my opinion. Especially as theres so many comps per day listed.

Comments

• tigergold
    tigergold Posts: 1,095 Forumite
    Or maybe "(RR)" after the closing date in the title
  • kipper_2-2
    kipper_2-2 Posts: 56,025 Forumite
    most of the more established compers (and I don't mean that nastily to the newer ones :) ) will put log in or registration required in their posts

We wouldn't get a new section for that I'm afraid :)
  • LizB62
    LizB62 Posts: 4,759 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Don't think we need a new section for this, but I'd love to have a section for each month e.g. the October comps section could contain just the comps closing in October.
    It might make it easier to catch up on the 100+ pages I missed while I was on holiday recently :)
    Best win ever: Trip to the Galapagos Islands in 2010
  • ambyuk
    ambyuk Posts: 246 Forumite
    Competitions get bumped down so quickly, that's my only problem about this site.
    :money:
  • indelacio wrote: »
    Can we sectionate the thread so that there is a
    "registration required" thread

and a

"no Registration required" thread

I think that would work well. just my opinion. Especially as theres so many comps per day listed.

This topic comes up a lot on here, and generates a lot of discussion.

Just wondering out of interest, is there a particular reason why compers do/dont want to register with sites?

I register with them all, obviously not at all choosy!!;)
  • kimmywal
    kimmywal Posts: 11,288 Forumite
    I register with them all, obviously not at all choosy!!;)<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Same here and have email addy used mainly for that purpose ;)
    What we see depends mainly on what we look for

"This will be mine in 2009" member 50
  • LizB62 wrote: »
    Don't think we need a new section for this, but I'd love to have a section for each month e.g. the October comps section could contain just the comps closing in October.
    It might make it easier to catch up on the 100+ pages I missed while I was on holiday recently :)

That would be a very good idea. Trying to get my head around whether it would work though...:confused:
  • Gilla_2
    Gilla_2 Posts: 13,228 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I register with everything. Doesn't seem a problem. If anything it makes comps easier to enter. :j

I've a couple of email addresses I use for comping - I mainly use the second if I'm not sure if I've entered something!

Lots of the sites you register on tell you if you've already entered a comp, so that's a definite help.
    42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot
    :hello: Good Luck everyone !:hello:
  • kipper_2-2
    kipper_2-2 Posts: 56,025 Forumite
    LizB62 wrote: »

Thats been suggested before and I think it came back as a nono

What you have to remember is there are 2 board guides running this board ( and they run others too) and things like that would put extra work on their shoulders as they are only volunteers.... so as well as going through the board and putting things into game over, merging or deleting duplicated threads, they would then have to check if the comps are in the right monthly section too :)
  • LizB62
    LizB62 Posts: 4,759 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I know - part of me thinks it would be a really good idea, but then I figure it could be a nightmare for the board mods depending on how many comps would end up having to get moved if the end dates changed.....

I just think we need a way of splitting the current Competitions Time down into a few smaller parts, to make it easier to find stuff.

Maybe a separate DVD section as there are SO many DVD comps?
    Best win ever: Trip to the Galapagos Islands in 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport