Forum Home» Energy

MSE News: EDF to cut gas prices but hike electricity bills – those with both will...

New Post Advanced Search

MSE News: EDF to cut gas prices but hike electricity bills – those with both will...

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
2 replies 949 views
MSE_LukeMSE_Luke MSE Staff
295 posts
Fourth Anniversary
MSE Staff
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
EDF Energy is cutting gas prices from January, but will increase the cost of electricity from March...
Read the full story:
'EDF to cut gas prices but hike electricity bills – those with both will pay 1.2% more'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Replies

• footyguyfootyguy Forumite
    4.2K posts
    'No-one should see this as good news'

I like to look on the brighter side, where possible.
    For me, I believe there is some good news here.
    You see, I am mid-term in a 12 month contract for gas.

I recognise I'm on a good tariff (so that tells you it is not EDF), but am aware that gas prices have risen recently and if my tariff was ending now, it would cost me about 20% more even on the best available tariff today. So if EDF are saying they are reducing gas prices because there has been a "fall in gas costs that energy suppliers have seen over recent months", then hopefully when it comes to my tariff ending, the pain will not be so severe as if it ended now.
  • moleratmolerat Forumite
    23.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their Jan 18 gas is 25% higher than I am currently for their May 17.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support