IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Excel/BW Legal - Defendant is not RK

Options

Comments

• Loadsofchildren123
    Options
    The relevant rules are 2.8 and 6. 2.8 says you only ignore bank holidays where the time for service is 5 days or less. Where the time is 14 days, that includes weekend days and bank holidays.

It also says that your 14 days have to be "clear days" - ie not including the actual day of the hearing, or the day of service. So if you post it, actually it's got to be posted tomorrow. However, as Lamilad says you can email it to the other solicitors but you should do this on the 14th. I can't see anyone taking a point if you don't email it until Monday 17th (even if you're technically a day out nobody will care). Likewise, if you don't post it to the court tomorrow, but a day or two late, nobody will care. If anyone (albeit unlikely) complains you were late, just keep saying you couldn't understand the rules (they have to give litigants in person great leeway over things like this).
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
  • Matthew87
    Matthew87 Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Cheers guys. I was thinking that posting it to BW Legal would make things more difficult for them (they'd have to photocopy/scan all 40 pages etc), but I'll email it instead.

Just waiting for some last minute suggestions ;)
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Matthew87 wrote: »
    Cheers guys. I was thinking that posting it to BW Legal would make things more difficult for them (they'd have to photocopy/scan all 40 pages etc), but I'll email it instead.

Just waiting for some last minute suggestions ;)

As LoC says it will be fine to file and serve it on Monday. Gives you the weekend to apply any finishing touches.

Email it to BWL (you want that auto-reply) and deliver it to court in person.
  • Matthew87
    First Post
    Options
    Any last minute suggestions before these (https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsLbpETb6Et3j3yADaebkkR-iXRW) are submitted?

(I'm still working on the 'entrance sign bit')

Huge thanks in advance :)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    :T:T

Brilliant effort, an example to others at WS/evidence stage! It will be a travesty if you lose this, with your evidence of an unlit pitch black car park and no entrance signs. I predict Excel will struggle here.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Matthew87
    First Post
    Options
    Thanks CM, your input has been invaluable.

There is a entrance sign, but it's not a great one (I'm currently putting together a document to illustrate this!)

Do you think I'm missing anything, or could I develop any exhibits further?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Unlit signs are your main point and I think you are nailing it already.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Lamilad
    Options
    Use 1.5 line spacing to separate the points on your WS. I notice you still have the inset pics on the entrance sign photo's, as discussed you should remove these.

I also noticed you haven't referenced HC77's case which was won on unlit signage. This would be persuasive in your case. Is there a reason you've excluded it? I thought you were keen to use it after you pressed me for his details?
  • Matthew87
    First Post
    edited 14 April 2017 at 6:43PM
    Options
    Cheers Lamilad!
    Lamilad wrote: »
    Use 1.5 line spacing to separate the points on your WS.

That is 1.5 (or at least that's what Word is telling me!)
    I notice you still have the inset pics on the entrance sign photo's, as discussed you should remove these.

Still sorting that - trying to get a full page together about the entrance signs.
    I also noticed you haven't referenced HC77's case which was won on unlit signage. This would be persuasive in your case. Is there a reason you've excluded it? I thought you were keen to use it after you pressed me for his details?

That'll be in my skeleton, along with Excel v Booth (24/01/17 Bury C6DP9P15) and Excel v Stokes (22/03/17 Bury C8DP3H9Y) where signage was found to be poor... IN THE SAME CAR PARK! Haha (which I'll post after I've seen BW's WS & Exhibits) - because I didn't have a transcript, I didn't think it'd go in as evidence - and I didn't think that'd go in my WS?
  • Lamilad
    Options
    That'll be in my skeleton, along with Excel v Booth (24/01/17 Bury C6DP9P15) and Excel v Stokes (22/03/17 Bury C8DP3H9Y) where signage was found to be poor... IN THE SAME CAR PARK! Haha (which I'll post after I've seen BW's WS & Exhibits) - because I didn't have a transcript, I didn't think it'd go in as evidence - and I didn't think that'd go in my WS?

That's fine if you're not adducing the transcripts.

You also need spaces between your paragraphs to separate your points and make everything more readable
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure