We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

great dane and his poop!

Options
2»

Comments

• ilovegreatdanes
    Options
    can i reccommend feeding him from a stand and highering it up as he grows.dont feed him off the floor....and they have a tendency to dig holes in the garden.and boy ,can they dig big holes!!!jcb comes to mind.
    People bring great joy into our lives..some by arriving, others by leaving.im trying to be one of the former, so please bear with :)

LOVE ME, LOVE MY NEWFOUNDLAND.:A
  • blondeandbroke
    Options
    Thanks for advice. I must agree Ilovegreatdanes they are wonderful dogs and I have fallen totally in love with him. I do feed him at shoulder height, but am a bit scared to change his diet as i've heard some horrible stories re bloat and wobbly dog syndrome and the breeder recommended oscars as the food was originally aimed at great danes. Havent heard of Waggs where do you get this from. I also have a six year old westie who pretty much eats anything.
  • ilovegreatdanes
    Options
    sorry took ages to post, b+b, got the wagg food from costco but also feed him on some cheap greyhound dry food which i get from a local shop for £7 for 15kg.also get loads of leftovers.used to feed our pups on the frozen tripe from pets at home, but stinks like !!!!, but they really love it.also gave them cheap chicken and evening primrose and garlic caps in their food.e.prim is good for the coats shine and garlic good for circuation and heart.we also bought tubs of calcium specially for danes and big breeds cos they grow so fast.you coyuld also mix the oscars with the other dry food to wean him off,also next time you got to a big dog food store, ask them for advice or your vet, as he is independent of all the dog food brands so will know the best ones.good luck. xx
    People bring great joy into our lives..some by arriving, others by leaving.im trying to be one of the former, so please bear with :)

LOVE ME, LOVE MY NEWFOUNDLAND.:A
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Learning when your dog goes I found is the most helpful, mine 'go' once on morning and once on an evening, at these times they go out in the garden rather than on walks, much easier to clean up from your own garden, not having to walk around with a poop in pocket. Megan our oldest was police trained, they are trained to do it in kennel for the same reason, so was much easier with her. Occasionally they will do one when on walks but very rare now.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport