Fall too Pieces

Options

Comments

• Scott-Weiland
    Scott-Weiland Posts: 481 Forumite
    Options
    I changed my number Uncannyscot thanks for the offer UC but honestly I am cool. I had the misfortune of giving my number to someone on here who turned out to be a bit of a prize well I wont say the word but it rhymes with hick.
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    No worries
    You can always reach me (or any of your friends on here) with a pm if you ever need to.
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Glad to see your update Scott - sounds like things are going well with the new partner and work is ticking along, albeit not nicely. Sounds like you've had a rough few months, but are on the straight and narrow with the right support and meds.

What does the IVA mean for your debt journey then? (Sorry, i've heard of it but no real clue what it is).
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • Scott-Weiland
    Options
    Well the IVA was going to happen but now its not lol I made a phone call to HR and as I work in financial services its a no go. I cant go down the IVA route as it goes against my contract so I am back to the drawing board.

I have checked my credit file and it looks like a few off my debts have being written off. Theres two barclays debts for about 7000 in total that are gone that are showing as closed now.

I wanted to go down the IVA route as excuse my French but I have !!!!! chasing me for a debit ie Jacobs. Every week sometime more I have baliffs at my door for a council tax debit I got behind on last year. I owed around 500 but they put there charges on so its now 795 any spare money I get is going on clearing that. I was going to go down the IVA route as that would keep them at bay but that's not going to happen. Jacobs are gits they wont negotiate, i did an income expenditure thing offering 300pm on there website and they declined it. Its a pain in the backside as i have to keep my doors locked permeantly and i cant answer the door without checking first. Come my June payday i can clear the debit as i have a bonus coming at work but till then i have to put up with this crap.

Me and my oh have around 335 to find by Thursday to pay our holiday off so its squeaky backside time. My partner has 225 on a credit card, i am waiting on 45quid for a delay repay thing off some virgin train tickets and ebay is hopefully going to clear the rest.

Survey wise its the usual going steady, pass what i am upto year to date i know my old profile had a year to date thing on it. I am going to start a new one on this profile starting well from monday, i have had a few bits in this week.

5.00 from opinion outpost and 30p cashback.
  • Scott-Weiland
    Options
    Minor productive day for me I have had a lie in till silly pm which was needed. 11am :-(

I have just done 3 prolific surveys which should take me to 8quid plus when they are confirmed. I have just dropped a five pound gift card from swagbucks.

Gym time for me I will update more later.
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Interesting about the IVA and now you mention it, i remember that financial institutions are funny about the people they employ's financial status. I worked for a debt collection agency when I was at uni and i remember them quizzing me about my debt (or at the the time lack thereof). I suppose you need to do what's best for your career.

Sorry that you're being hounded - I hope you can get them off your back soon.

Good news on the surveys and gift card! I need to keep up with mine...

Enjoy the gym :) I was there at 6am this morning...unheard of!
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • Scott-Weiland
    Options
    JoJoC wrote: »
    Interesting about the IVA and now you mention it, i remember that financial institutions are funny about the people they employ's financial status. I worked for a debt collection agency when I was at uni and i remember them quizzing me about my debt (or at the the time lack thereof). I suppose you need to do what's best for your career.

Sorry that you're being hounded - I hope you can get them off your back soon.

Good news on the surveys and gift card! I need to keep up with mine...

Enjoy the gym :) I was there at 6am this morning...unheard of!

Haha you should see the type of training i was doing over the weekend lol think Worlds Strongest Man lol I have started training at a gym in Durham that have yokes, farmers walker things, tyres, metal logs to press etc etc etc
    It was all great fun at the time but now i need a massage lol

I will post a better update later re me.
  • Scott-Weiland
    edited 16 May 2018 at 11:37AM
    Options
    Well an update re me I am off work on hols till Friday night which is canny, the weather today is lousy I wish it was like yesterday. Yesterday was in the high twenties, today its yak wet and windy.

Today my plans are tv and surveys until my oh gets home from work then I think we are going for a long walk in the forrest. My legs are shot after a really heavy gym session, lots of squatting with sets of twenty reps then prowler runs and box jumps.

Our holiday is finally paid, in August Cyprus here we come.

Re surveys everything is ticking over fine i haven't done many lately but i am hammering them while the oh is at work.

One poll is at 37.00
    yougov is at 4000point i think
    prolific is at 4.74 confirmed 7quid in pending and i am going to actually wait for the £20
    panel opinions is at 3quid 20
    power of opinions is at 764 points.

I have just dropped 65p from top cashback every little helps and all that.
  • Scott-Weiland
    Options
    Flying on prolific academic today its just all tiny 30-40p surveys. I must of done around 10 so far, that's 12quid in pending.
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Had a good run on PA myself past few days mate.
    I've cleared around £12 so far with more coming in :D

Have over £12 pending on Panel Base, pulling that down soon as it's cleared...
    Surveys have been doing well so far

Hope weather improves for you, been great up here (for a change) and me and wee furry one have been out on t hills most nights enjoying ourselves
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure