Fall too Pieces

Options

Comments

• Scott_Weiland_2
    Scott_Weiland_2 Posts: 799 Forumite
    edited 15 February 2017 at 7:39AM
    Options
    on the bus home from work i got the news i was looking for last night from next week my shift pattern changes to for 4 months tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday nights which means no more having to leave for work at 715 to get into work for a 1030pm start. The public transport here on a sunday after 715 was non existent.

plus it being a lead up to the weekend there is 2 casusl clothes days two nights of not wearing shirt and trousers will be nice. money wise it will be a drop but thats balanced by the extra time and not having to pay 4 quid every sunday to get an overground train. At the minute i leave for a sunday shift at 715 and get there at 940 or i get the nexr bus/metro/train which is quicker but more money
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    That's good news about the internet AND the work shifts - brilliant stuff, and a a definite help with the work-life balance by the sound of it. Like you say sometimes other things balance out a drop in money and as long as you are making enough to cover your costs and a bit extra then all good.

We've had no more than the very lightest dustings of snow down here and that didn't last long. As it's now turned back to being 10 degrees or thereabouts I think we can assume that may be our lot! :D
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    edited 16 February 2017 at 3:32AM
    Options
    Haha i have had more work news thats out of this world too

At work i have being in a role where i work nights permanently, the company i work for have being in arguments with our union for years. At the moment we get an extra 15percent on our pay per hour for working between 10pm and 7am, if we work a saturday night into a sunday we get time and a quarter after midnight.

Our union has being arguing that this is to low re the unsocialble hours payment in comparison with what other companies pay regarding night shift work.

After years of negotiation we are getting made to sign either new contracts and there are two on the table. They both have stupid names so i have called them A/B

Contract A) Is basically we get flat unsocialble hours of 25percent per hour irregardless of whether its a week end or during the week, we keep the 3 days protected Xmas Bank holidays we get back now, but as sweetner we get 1000pounds contract payout.

Contract B) Is the same as A but the 3 days we get back protected as hols are not protected at all so if at work there is insufficient xmas overtime volunteers we would have to work set days to get time back but the sweetener is £2000

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm decisions decisions 1000 or 2000

The past 6-7 years i have being in this department bar 1 year there have always being enough volunteers for the xmas and new year period. The other change is previously we would get overtime triple time for xmas eve/xmas day/boxing day and new years eve and new years day, this changing to just xmas day/boxing day/and new years day only.

My mind is made up i am going i think for the 2000 pound option that would make a huge dent in my debts i have around 7-8 debts sub the 350 pound mark if i could clear a couple of these it would make a nice dent in my debt management plan.
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    Survey update 3 account now are ready too drop nearly

talkinginsights i need another 130 points then its a nice 20 quid argos voucher

i need 25 points on yougov

and 25p on opinium research

I have spent most of the day in the land of nod 4 night shifts done, i hope everyone is well ��
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    edited 4 March 2017 at 5:58AM
    Options
    2017 :-)

Top cashback earnings: £5.92

6/6/17 £0.46
    16/01/2017 £2.69
    25/01/2017 £0.82
    16/2/2017 44p
    19/2/17 96p
    28-2-17 55p

Survey earnings: £201

4/1/17 £2.50 opinion outpost
    11/1/17 £40 one poll.com
    11/1/17 £2.50 O.P.
    13/1/17 £16 mingle respondi
    14/01/17 £50 cheque populuslive.com cheque is waiting to clear
    23/01/17 £2.50 opinion outpost
    2/2/17. £5.00. Opinion outpost
    17/2/17 £50 you gov
    19/2/17 £25 opinium
    3/4/17 £7.50 Opinion Outpost

Total £206.92
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    Well an update for today i am 44p richer off top cashback lol thats gone straight in the emergency fund. lol

I am off work now till tuesday evening which is ace as i have adjusted my shift pattern at work i now no longer have too leave my flat at 715pm to get into work for a 1030pm start on a sunday. I am now going to bed working permeant tuesday to friday.

driving lessons are starting next week yay lol. Anyone who says public transport is the best way to get to work obviously has not lived in county durham.

Finances wise everything is looking positive i am due a 280 bonus from last year which is an end of year bonus, and i am due a quartly bonus which is 180 the quartly one is reduced massively they are a maximum of 550 per quarter but its pro rata etc and i wasnt in work due to illness. My next one in May will be back to normal less two days.

Surveys are steady away i have accounts nearly ready to cash out 3 in total which will boost me 75 quid.
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    edited 19 February 2017 at 7:31AM
    Options
    Morning everyone i hope everyone is well and having a lovely weekend.

Update re me i spent all of yesterday travelling taking Scott junior my 14 year old back to kent i cant wait till virgin trains get there act together and get the Azuma trains running. The current trains take way way to long i left the house yesterday at 7am and i didnt get home until 6pm. It was an eventful journey the highlight being a nutter getting dragged out of kings cross by transport police who was hurling racist abuse at people

Another tiny up date i hit the payout mark on you gov so thats 50 pound on its way to me.
  • boxofpaws
    Options
    Looking at your work scenarios, I think I would go for A. Then you aren't forced to work at Christmas, which means a)you have some control b)they will increase their OT offerings if they can't get people to work and you'd probably get that extra £1000 in a couple of years anyway?
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    I am still undecided re work box of paws we have until march 23rd to decide but i want to see my current contract as i am worried this new one has clauses in it or hidden catches ie less company sick pay, lower fixed overtime rates.
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm still waiting for my YouGov payout, I cashed out earlier in the month so they make you wait!

I've just got £20 from TCB but £5 was taken for the annual thing.

And....my EE TCB has been upped to £125, it was £75 - so that's a bonus.

Had a bit of a break from surveys but am going to start some up again next week!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback