Flush by 30?

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,336 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sounding very productive JWP :) Glad you enjoyed your weekend.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • JWPopps
    JWPopps Posts: 341 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you both, Bobarella and Sun Addict

At work now (boo, hiss) but as I love my job I'm having quite a nice Monday too!
    Mortgage: £83,000
    Credit Card Debt: £1,700
    Loan Debt: £3,000

• JWPopps
    Options
    Weekly catch-up so far!

I had another one of my mega-headaches on Monday when I got home... :( I wasn't sure if it was because I had my first fast day since before Christmas, but to be honest I'm fairly sure that's not it - I have lady times upon me, they always make me migraine-y.

I do think they are migraines actually, because the pain is the same, but I haven't had the visual or speech symptoms (I guess that's... good?) so next time I have one I'm going to take my migraine meds as well as painkillers to see if that helps.

Anyway, the rest of the week has been fine, and I had another fast day yesterday which went well, I'm getting back into the swing of it! It's definitely made me eat less today too, even though it's not a fast day. :A

Today was lovely anyway, a project I've been working on for a long time is going live on Monday which I'm really happy about/proud of.:D:D And then I got to leave early because I was having a meeting with the charity I work with, and...

...I've been approved to take long-term placements!! It's a bit like fostering, but for people older than 16 who need somewhere to stay and I will teach them things like cooking and doing laundry and paying bills, so that they're prepared to live on their own.

They might be with me 3 months, they might be with me 2 years - but they get their own key and are more or less like lodgers. It's also more money than the single night option I've been doing, I get paid some expenses to cover their part of food and bills, and then a little bit extra as an incentive to do it as well - I mean, it's a charity so it's not megabucks but to be honest it's more than I expected! :j

So, as well as a) being more what I want to do, b) more convenient for my working hours (with them having their own keys) and c) being more money, it's working out really well! :T

I need to do a training date, and the spare room needs decorating anyway, so I reckon I'll get my first placement sometime in March. :eek:

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Great news about the placements!:j. Also on the writing! You're going great guns!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Congratulations that's great news!!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,336 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    What a selfless thing to do JWP. I know you get paid for it, but not everyone could take in a stranger with problems under their roof and get them back on their feet. I'll admit I couldn't do it. You should be really proud of yourself.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • JWPopps
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    What a selfless thing to do JWP. I know you get paid for it, but not everyone could take in a stranger with problems under their roof and get them back on their feet. I'll admit I couldn't do it. You should be really proud of yourself.

Oh thank you! I think it's because someone did something similar for me - not a charity, but my friend's mum gave me somewhere to live for 10 months when I was 16, and then she helped me get a flat and learn how to budget, so I know how important it can be to have someone who is not a parent to help you through those things if your parental relationships are flaky! Of course, I am very close to my parents now, so I also know it can rescue a failing relationship, which is always the dream.

• JWPopps
    Options
    Hello everyone!!

Work has been crazy, and my boyfriend was at mine this weekend, hence my going briefly missing.

Updates
    Novel Still struggling with editing, by a friend from my MA course who is having similar issues has agreed that we will swap chapters for the next few weeks, to keep each other motivated.
    Money Neither bad or good this month, but that's still good because all the months previously have been bad, so... I think next payday will be the time I really see things ramp up with my debt payments.
    Work Just so busy. 4 days out of 5 last week I didn't get a lunch break because of what is expected of me from more than one department. Will have to have a word with my manager about this because it's not sustainable. Next week looks like much of the same.
    New thing! I'm learning Dutch! I'm going to a wedding in Holland in May, and although most Dutch people speak perfectly fluent English I don't like to be totally ignorant, and also the wedding is in a small village rather than a big city, so I don't want to assume that everyone will speak English. I know I'm not going to be fluent between now and then, but DuoLingo is free and I might at least be able to say 'sorry my Dutch is so poor' by then!!

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hope your discussion with manager proves productive JW. Good for you for attempting Dutch!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    How impressive! I hope you find it easy to lean.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport