We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Window Fitting Extras
Comments
-
I think they want you to pay for their Christmas party!
I would say that £500 would be more than enough to cover the extra works. I also can't see how frame sealing is extra, this needs to be done to form a weatherproof seal and without it I think FENSA or Building Control would have something to say about it!0 -
the_r_sole wrote: »The invoice has internal materials 100 odd quid for two MDF cills (which I think is a bit on the ridiculous side but that's not being raised at the moment!)
Disposal.
Materials for boarding up the window.
Extra labour, no breakdown just a unit costs which is about 700 quid total
I dont want to be unfair but a 2k job turning into nearly 4 because they had to board up a window and do two cills is bit hard to stomach.
I agree, but it all needs to be unpicked.
You're a balanced poster, so I trust that you can go through it reasonably before throwing your toys out. Go for it
Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
