We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

£1 Hoxton hotel rooms

Options

Comments

• johnmoney05
    johnmoney05 Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes. I was just sitting in the room playing internet. Games. Then went to sleep...very quiet. In the morning, had their "2" sets of free breakfast. Caught the train back home! It was a month ago.
    Don't use their wireless...kept dropping. But they do have cable lead there...to plug in your lapee.

I am sad too! Not just you.....
  • Mr_Gordon_2
    Options
    MushyPeas wrote: »
    put my bag out....??? Um?

For your Pret A Manger breakfast in the morning. There's a little hook outside the door for it. :)
  • MushyPeas
    MushyPeas Posts: 3,104 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Cool thanks john....two brekkies, yum!!

Ahhh, thanks Mr_Gordon for the tip ;)
    Previous debt: £14K :embarasse Debt free: Sept '03 :DMFW#42 Mortgage OP savings £4271.18/£12000 2019 :)Started dating OH Mar '12, married Oct '12, Walnut born Dec ' 12 :A SPC 12: 99 £38.05/£500 Make money Jan: £412.34/£310 :T Feb: £88.79/£280 May: £215.52/£310 June: £18.98/£300
  • johnmoney05
    johnmoney05 Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I was a bit greedy! Ordered two sets of breakfast for my own!
  • MushyPeas
    Options
    I was a bit greedy! Ordered two sets of breakfast for my own!

Yeah but that's moneysaving!!
    Previous debt: £14K :embarasse Debt free: Sept '03 :DMFW#42 Mortgage OP savings £4271.18/£12000 2019 :)Started dating OH Mar '12, married Oct '12, Walnut born Dec ' 12 :A SPC 12: 99 £38.05/£500 Make money Jan: £412.34/£310 :T Feb: £88.79/£280 May: £215.52/£310 June: £18.98/£300
  • ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What a waste of a hotel room!!!!! Or maybe I'm just jealous I didn't get one, despite trying very hard but it kept timing out on the payment part :mad:

I'd certainly do more than just sit in my hotel room though! You're in London for gawds sake, the city that never sleeps :p:D
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
  • MushyPeas
    Options
    What a waste of a hotel room!!!!! Or maybe I'm just jealous I didn't get one, despite trying very hard but it kept timing out on the payment part :mad:

I'd certainly do more than just sit in my hotel room though! You're in London for gawds sake, the city that never sleeps :p:D

Ahhh, but it's the hotel room I'm looking forward to Chameleon. I have been staying in London in a grotty place, sleeping on a lumpy sofa bed which cats used to lie on during the day and they had fleas!! :eek:

So I'm looking forward to the luxury of a biggggg bed, tv (coz I don't have one at the moment) oh and the breakfast!!

Sorry you didnt get a room :o , better luck nex time :D
  • curtlyb
    curtlyb Posts: 676 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Chameleon, if you want a Saturday night room in Dec PM me ;)

...... or anyone else, PM me the Saturday you'd ideally want to go and if it's the same one i've got then it's yours .......... first come first served... no time-wasters please
  • MushyPeas
    Options
    this hotel is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    curtlyb wrote: »
    Chameleon, if you want a Saturday night room in Dec PM me ;)

...... or anyone else, PM me the Saturday you'd ideally want to go and if it's the same one i've got then it's yours .......... first come first served... no time-wasters please

That's very kind of you, thank you, and I'd have loved to take you up on your offer but I'm now sorted for a weekend in London with the Travelodge £19 a room deal ;)

I know it's not quite in the same league as the Hoxton, but I don't think I could manage to squeeze in another weekend away before xmas unfortunately, much as I'd like to :D

Mushypeas - now I can see why you're looking forward to it so much and I hope you have a luxurious and restful night tonight :kisses3:
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport