We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
CCJ Gladstones Solicitors ES Parking Enforcement Ltd
Bedders123
Posts: 6 Forumite
in Motoring
Hi
I have recently received a claim form for a county court judgement against me with regards to a parking notice I was alleged to have received in August.
The claim amount is £227.70 which is calculated from £152.70 parking charges, £25 court fee and £50 legal costs
The first notification of the charge was received in letter correspondence which was issued on the 12th October from ES Parking Enforcement Ltd for the sum of £125, fortunately I was able to find the ticket I had paid for which covered the date in question which I contacted them about and they asked me to return a copy of the ticket with an accompanying letter giving reference to the ticket, after not hearing anything back for a few weeks, I assumed they had accepted my letter and ticket as evidence of the purchase and just not bothered to let me know, as after reading a few forums etc. I got the impression that Private car parking companies was not the most professional of industries, i then received a letter on 04/11/2016 from Gladstones Solicitors advising that they were now acting on behalf of ESPEL and intended to recover £150 for the unpaid fine. I contacted Gladstones advising them of the above, however they said that ESPEL had provided photographic evidence that there was no ticket displayed, I asked to see a copy but they advised that the claim was already being sent to the CCBC
I have now received the Claim and intend to defend myself, i have acknowledged the claim but I'm yet to file my defence.
Any pointers to similar cases or guidance on the matter would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
I have recently received a claim form for a county court judgement against me with regards to a parking notice I was alleged to have received in August.
The claim amount is £227.70 which is calculated from £152.70 parking charges, £25 court fee and £50 legal costs
The first notification of the charge was received in letter correspondence which was issued on the 12th October from ES Parking Enforcement Ltd for the sum of £125, fortunately I was able to find the ticket I had paid for which covered the date in question which I contacted them about and they asked me to return a copy of the ticket with an accompanying letter giving reference to the ticket, after not hearing anything back for a few weeks, I assumed they had accepted my letter and ticket as evidence of the purchase and just not bothered to let me know, as after reading a few forums etc. I got the impression that Private car parking companies was not the most professional of industries, i then received a letter on 04/11/2016 from Gladstones Solicitors advising that they were now acting on behalf of ESPEL and intended to recover £150 for the unpaid fine. I contacted Gladstones advising them of the above, however they said that ESPEL had provided photographic evidence that there was no ticket displayed, I asked to see a copy but they advised that the claim was already being sent to the CCBC
I have now received the Claim and intend to defend myself, i have acknowledged the claim but I'm yet to file my defence.
Any pointers to similar cases or guidance on the matter would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
0
Comments
-
There is a separate forum for parking tickets.
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163
Look for the sticky thread there ( Newbies FAQ) for advice on replying to this letter and preparing a defence0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards