Replies

• edited 6 August at 4:07PM
    QrizBQrizB Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 August at 4:07PM
    QrizB said:
    My cells arrived safely from China but unfortunately my BMS is duff :( so my battery isn't connected yet.
    A quick update for anyone interested.
    My replacement BMS (a Daly Smart BMS, 16S 60A) arrived from China in the week. This afternoon I've hooked up the cells, plugged in the BMS and attached it all to the Sofar ME300SP that's been waiting for it. I had a bit of trouble with current transformers (getting them the right way around and replacing the crimped extensions with soldered ones) but it all seems to be hanging together.
    All I need now is for these rain showers to blow over and give me some decent sunshine!

Edit to add: the sun came out!

Screenshot-20210806-165410
    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus / Zog / Voda BB / O2 mobi.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 2.5kw inverter. 25MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
  • SolarchaserSolarchaser Forumite
    1K Posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    QrizB said:
    QrizB said:
    My cells arrived safely from China but unfortunately my BMS is duff :( so my battery isn't connected yet.
    A quick update for anyone interested.
    My replacement BMS (a Daly Smart BMS, 16S 60A) arrived from China in the week. This afternoon I've hooked up the cells, plugged in the BMS and attached it all to the Sofar ME300SP that's been waiting for it. I had a bit of trouble with current transformers (getting them the right way around and replacing the crimped extensions with soldered ones) but it all seems to be hanging together.
    All I need now is for these rain showers to blow over and give me some decent sunshine!

Edit to add: the sun came out!

Screenshot-20210806-165410
    Great news that you are starting to make headway with it.
    Unfortunately August tends to be fairly dull, but it will give you some time to play before the brightness of September comes around.
    West central Scotland
    4kw sse since 2014 and 6.6kw wsw / ene split since 2019
    24kwh leaf, 75Kwh Tesla and Lux 3600 with 20Kwh useable storage
  • QrizBQrizB Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ever bigger batteries being deployed. Now an order for 2GW / 6GWh, though the timescale is not given.
    I can't compete with that but my 60Ah cells did arrive from China today, along with my invitation to join Octopus Go! I now know what I'm doing this weekend :wink:

N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus / Zog / Voda BB / O2 mobi.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 2.5kw inverter. 25MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
  • newbuildernewbuilder Forumite
    101 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I have added another 2400 uhome battery and had faults. After placing it as the master and re dipping the others it has worked but the balancing seems off. It has the new battery a good 8-10percent lower than the three established batteries. I have tried the unhook all data and start the batteries up and let them settle but nothing happens. Any ideas how to balance these. All Volta are the same across the batteries and the use of batteries stops when one reaches the 12%!threshold. 
    5KW solar, Lux 3.8KW inverter, Uhome 2400 LPF x 4, SOLIC 200 immerser diverter, Leaf 62Kwh, EO Pro v2 home charger,  Import: Octopus Go Faster 5h, 2030hrs ; Export: OVOEnergy Export, 15KW biomass pellet boiler - Windhager.
  • edited 9 October at 7:07PM
    EVandPVEVandPV Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    edited 9 October at 7:07PM
    I have added another 2400 uhome battery and had faults. After placing it as the master and re dipping the others it has worked but the balancing seems off. It has the new battery a good 8-10percent lower than the three established batteries. I have tried the unhook all data and start the batteries up and let them settle but nothing happens. Any ideas how to balance these. All Volta are the same across the batteries and the use of batteries stops when one reaches the 12%!threshold. 
    I had the same issue when I added a 3rd Pylontech.
    I messed about with them for a while but couldn't get them to balance so just left them to it and after about a week, they balanced by themselves.
    The 3rd battery, which is slightly older and has an older firmware, sometimes drifts slightly out of sync with the other 2 but it always balances after a full charge and falls back in sync.
    Scott in Fife, 2.9kwp pv SSW facing, 2.7kw Fronius inverter installed Jan 2012
    7.2kwh Pylontech battery storage with Lux ac inverter
    Renault Zoe 40kwh, Zappi EV charger and Octopus Go
  • edited 9 October at 7:49PM
    newbuildernewbuilder Forumite
    101 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 9 October at 7:49PM
    Oh me and patience!!! Need to keep the hammer, screwdrivers and manuals in a locked cupboard then. 
    5KW solar, Lux 3.8KW inverter, Uhome 2400 LPF x 4, SOLIC 200 immerser diverter, Leaf 62Kwh, EO Pro v2 home charger,  Import: Octopus Go Faster 5h, 2030hrs ; Export: OVOEnergy Export, 15KW biomass pellet boiler - Windhager.
  • edited 31 October at 5:27PM
    lisyloolisyloo Forumite
    27.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 31 October at 5:27PM
    Hi, new to this thread.
    whats the rough up front outlay for sonnen for 3.9?
    and is it worth 

EDIT: this looks like thousands. How does this stack up?
  • SolarchaserSolarchaser Forumite
    1K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have a quote you can share?

I mean I'd literally just be googling the cost of the battery, which you can obviously do yourself.

You haven't mentioned which inverter?
    West central Scotland
    4kw sse since 2014 and 6.6kw wsw / ene split since 2019
    24kwh leaf, 75Kwh Tesla and Lux 3600 with 20Kwh useable storage