RBS Account Termination Letter

Options

Comments

• whambam
    whambam Posts: 508 Forumite
    Options
    they refused to lower my monthly payments then terminated my account.
  • runforlife
    Options
    Let's turn it round a little. Say you are owed a couple of thousand pounds and your debtor tells you he won't (or can't pay). But he has some or all of the funds in another location (under the bed?). How would you feel and what would you do to get your 'hard earned' money back?
  • whambam
    edited 5 December 2016 at 11:55PM
    Options
    runforlife wrote: »
    Let's turn it round a little. Say you are owed a couple of thousand pounds and your debtor tells you he won't (or can't pay). But he has some or all of the funds in another location (under the bed?). How would you feel and what would you do to get your 'hard earned' money back?

I would ask him to pay what you can be it £10 or £50 per month I don't want you to stress out and make yourself more ill.

I would make a claim to my insurance company to recoup the losses. All banks pay fees for this they can and are allowed a set number of accounts to default they expect 100-200 people will fall ill or die and can't pay rather than won't pay. Oh yeah and the banks get a tax deduction for their losses and sell your debt to a 3rd party for more profit on your loss. No, they are not that greedy are they?
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Most of OP's other posts are about mental health issues and claiming benefits.

They probably need more support and direct assistance than is offered here.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/mental-health-guide would be a good place to start.

Presumably OP is in regular contact with their GP. They may be able to point them toward support, perhaps a charity. My local surgery's noticeboard is covered in notices about help for just about everything you could think of.
  • mcpitman
    mcpitman Posts: 1,267 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    whambam wrote: »
    It's reality its beggars belief all the people who are going to food banks and stealing to make ends meet because of these corporations look how much tax they pay peanuts.

Another amazingly ignorant statement that proves the world must be against you, get a grip on reality!

[/QUOTE]It's not my fault they are not willing to negotiate I can pay what I can. They don't need me as a customer anyway the bank won't default if 1 and 100 other people fail to pay they are just playing you silly with all there threatening letters that lead to nothing but scaremongering. [/QUOTE]

You broke an agreement you made with the bank/lender. Suck it up buttercup, lifes hard sometimes.

[/QUOTE]Don't comment on things you have no clue about my work.[/QUOTE]

I have no interest in your work, however if you are now earning £250 per day, what's the issue with repaying the debts, that you borrowed, on terms you agreed.
    Life isn't about the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away. Like choking....
  • whambam
    Options
    mcpitman wrote: »
    Another amazingly ignorant statement that proves the world must be against you, get a grip on reality!

It's not my fault they are not willing to negotiate I can pay what I can. They don't need me as a customer anyway the bank won't default if 1 and 100 other people fail to pay they are just playing you silly with all there threatening letters that lead to nothing but scaremongering. [/QUOTE]

You broke an agreement you made with the bank/lender. Suck it up buttercup, lifes hard sometimes.

People break agreements all the time. Far as I am concerned if they don't play by the rules then why should we. It's time we show them who is boss. They don't even use lawyers to verify their credit agreements, which are void.

I have no interest in your work, however if you are now earning £250 per day, what's the issue with repaying the debts, that you borrowed, on terms you agreed.[/QUOTE]

The issue is the credit they approved me doesn't exist I was sold a belief that it exists.

The law states that there has to be a valid terms and conditions of a contract NOT an agreement to be a valid debt. Plus they require to supply you with the correct paperwork, which they don't have therefor operating illegally.

Just because there called RBS or Barclays doesn't mean they are experts and have everything checked and audited. Too many people are frightened to face them.

Live above them not under.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    whambam wrote: »
    It's not my fault they are not willing to negotiate I can pay what I can. They don't need me as a customer anyway the bank won't default if 1 and 100 other people fail to pay they are just playing you silly with all there threatening letters that lead to nothing but scaremongering.
    [/I]

People break agreements all the time. Far as I am concerned if they don't play by the rules then why should we. It's time we show them who is boss. They don't even use lawyers to verify their credit agreements, which are void.

I have no interest in your work, however if you are now earning £250 per day, what's the issue with repaying the debts, that you borrowed, on terms you agreed.[/QUOTE]

The issue is the credit they approved me doesn't exist I was sold a belief that it exists.

The law states that there has to be a valid terms and conditions of a contract NOT an agreement to be a valid debt. Plus they require to supply you with the correct paperwork, which they don't have therefor operating illegally.

Just because there called RBS or Barclays doesn't mean they are experts and have everything checked and audited. Too many people are frightened to face them.

Live above them not under.[/QUOTE]

I thought it might be lovely in your world, but apparently not.
  • mcpitman
    mcpitman Posts: 1,267 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options

Live above them not under.[/QUOTE]

Yet another amazingly ignorant statement, i'm out.

As they say, you can't argue with stupid people, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    Life isn't about the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away. Like choking....
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,896 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anyone who believes in "freeman of the land" or talks about "legal names" and all the other so called common law guff isn't worth arguing with, people like that believe they can pick and choose bits to follow and quote meaningless nonsense like talking about admiralty courts so you'll end up getting wound up
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The bank are entitled to take the action described in the original post.

However there is presumably still some debt remaining after this setting off, and they will be looking to recover this as well.

Though you aren't looking forward to it, it will be easier in the long run to talk to them about this than practice some unconvincing or not relevant diversionary arguments elsewhere, like here.

At some stage they may appoint another firm to handle this on their behalf. Even then it isn't impossible to talk to RBS if things aren't going well with that firm, and perhaps get the agent changed.

Anyway, they are used to helping people who are struggling, and I suggest contact them.

http://personal.rbs.co.uk/personal/life-moments/Struggling-financially.html

If not, try the various charities such as Stepchange or National Debtline. They can help you assess how much you can afford to pay each month, and (if youmwish) act as an intermediary between you and the bank.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure